Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pull on boot work boot question .....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Now the gears are turning in my head. I may touch base with ya Albert.

You should. I go through boots. Generally I try to have at least two pair so I can rotate daily and let the other pair dry out. During snow season I am sometimes rotating 3-4 pairs every couple days. Went the cheap boot route (Wolverine, etc). Lasted 6 months tops. Went the Redwing route. Lasted a year. Went the Rocky route. Lasted a year (technically 2 but without rotating daily it would only be 1 yr.) Decided to try slip on boots as well. Tried on boots like a dang woman. No offense ladies. Couldn't find one I thought I could wear all day. Most were more of a cowboy toe type cut. Rocky had a pair that fits just like their work boots. Has more of a rounded toe versus pointy toe. They are awesome. On my second pair now. Had one issue with the inner liner coming out (I opted for the waterproof version and it has a liner, Goretex? Maybe?) Took them to the store and they swapped them out. I also have a narrow foot. These fit and feel like work boots.

Only complaint: I can't plow snow in them. For whatever reason, when wet/snowy they tend to slip on my clutch pedal. Foot slipped on the clutch one time in a tight area and I ripped a parking block out and by the time I got my foot back on the clutch it was across the sidewalk and in the lawn. Fatigue might have played into it as well, but I blame the boot. :tantrum:

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I can't believe it, they just arrived ! Not only that, but they're a comfortable fit. Yeay for me.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
nice looking boots! I think I have a pair of Rocky Iron Clads at the farm, I bought a size 12 for some reason at the store a bit too big for a long time but they are nice boot for just checking cams, cleaning barn, etc.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have a pair of Ariat steel toes that I love. Most comfortable pair of boots I have believe it or not. I'll have them with me at Strouds so you can check them out.

The Double H's I wear as my every day boots are on their way out and I had a heck of time finding boots I liked. Once you have broken in a pair, the prospect of starting over sucks. That said, I went back to the Ariats again. Got these on the way. Couldn't find them in the stores around here, but they are very similar to my Workhogs that I love. I did try on some Twisted X's and they were really nice, but a little pricier. I'd never heard of them until yesterday and I was impressed.

http://www.ariat.com/WORKHOG_MSQ_TO...efn1=Technology_Filter&prefv1=ATS+MAX&start=1

3334_10010891_EARTH-Ariat_WorkHog_Earth_Mesteno_Work_Boots-00389026-1.jpg

Huckleberry Finn

Not pull on's, but work boots...got a new pair of Wolverine's - still my #1. I have a pair of Carhartt work boots that are going on 4 years of casual wear and have held on well.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I've worn a lot of boots over my years. The best comfortable pull on "work" boot I wore were some Doc Marrins, however they didn't hold up for crap. The next were some pull on caterpillar boots. They held up for a long while and were comfortable but kinda heavy.

Now I wear a pair of Lucchese ostrich skin ropers. Hands down the best boot I've ever worn for comfort, durability, and weight. Like wearing sneakers. But I wouldn't consider them a "work" boot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423010772.395103.jpg