Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Powassin Virus...............

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I agree ticks suck. The media sucks too. Fuggers are talking about diseases spread by deer ticks but show a picture of a lone star tick. Idiots.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Would control burning help with the issue? I would think so, but it's just my opinion on it no fact....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Would control burning help with the issue? I would think so, but it's just my opinion on it no fact....

"J".... I gotta think controlled burning would be a big plus... Years ago farmers would always be burning overgrown areas... People would burn their leaves... Now that is all forbidden and you need a special permit... Damn ticks are a PIA... I always carry extra clothes in the truck to change into when I come out of the woods.. Camo and what ever else goes in a bag in the back of truck.. I find myself spending less time in the woods spring turkey hunting or morel picking just because of ticks... And I treat my clothes with Permitrin...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Controlled burn timing doesn't always line up with tick season, and burned areas would be such a small percentage of total tick habitat, I don't think it'd make much of a difference. Tick numbers have been on the rise for the past 25+ years. I don't think there's much of anything we can do aside from using insect repellent. Well, and bringing back incredibly harmful pesticides. Lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Controlled burn timing doesn't always line up with tick season, and burned areas would be such a small percentage of total tick habitat, I don't think it'd make much of a difference. Tick numbers have been on the rise for the past 25+ years. I don't think there's much of anything we can do aside from using insect repellent. Well, and bringing back incredibly harmful pesticides. Lol

There are pesticides out there that I'd believe would do the job if they (the states affected) got their act together and joined forces to put a dent in the problem....