Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Plotwatcher Pro

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Does anyone use the time lapse Plotwatcher Pro camera or the original Plotwatcher? Since I have a on going food plot now it'll be nice to view the deer activity.

I have wanted one for a while but just have never pulled the trigger. Many of the new trail cameras out now have the same type or similar feature on too. About the only reason I haven't set one up that way yet is I figure the card would get full fast and not being down right away to switch it out has me holding off.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have wanted one for a while but just have never pulled the trigger. Many of the new trail cameras out now have the same type or similar feature on too. About the only reason I haven't set one up that way yet is I figure the card would get full fast and not being down right away to switch it out has me holding off.

Their website says the batteries last 4 months and takes 1 million photo that you watch in a video mode.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I think they would be pretty useful for that application. May be difficult telling individual deer at a distance but at least you'd know if they are there in daylight.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have one. I didn't use it this year though. The battery life is phenomenal. It's best used for a plot where you know deer will routinely come thru. Otherwise it's very boring to view if your cam is set to take a pic every few seconds of whatever time you have it set for.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have one. I didn't use it this year though. The battery life is phenomenal. It's best used for a plot where you know deer will routinely come thru. Otherwise it's very boring to view if your cam is set to take a pic every few seconds of whatever time you have it set for.

Thanks for the info. I would rather take the word by someone that is know to us all rather than the word of a posted review or the company who sells it.
I have a 3 ac. food plot and it would ne nice to see the activity on it. I have seen does feeding almost every night a sunset.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
I've used one, There ok, Just takes forever to check the pictures. The program that comes with the plot watcher is suppost to stop at a pitcher when it picks up on movement. So it don't take so long to view all the pictures but the problem is that is a small weed blows in the wind the program will pick it up and stop at that picture. There a great tool if you don't mind watching your computer screen for a long time. I still have mine but haven't used it in 3 or 4 years. I'd buy a game camera with field scan, Then you can control when you are taking pictures. I have mine set up on a bean corn plot. I have it set to take pictures every ten minnits, Mine is also ste to take pictures 2 hours after sunrise and 2 hours before dark. And it will work at dusk and dawn. The plot watcher shuts down when its prime time for deer movement because it sences there is not enough light. Mine is the older version but I only got 2 weeks outta the batteries set a 5 seconds between pics. Hope this helps.