Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Plotwatcher cam

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've used a Plotwatcher time lapse cam for the last 3 yrs now. I got it mounted inside of my hunting tower over looking my food plot. I got it set on 10 second picture taking. It only takes pictures during day light hours. At this time of the year that's about 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM or 10 hrs.
I can watch 10 hrs of action in about 3 minutes using the 3 times setting then stop when I see deer.
I can see about 25% of my 3 ac food plot.
Only slight draw back is the quality of the picture taken. Even with my 2 power option lens a deer at 100 yds looks about the size of a big dog. Then when I increase picture size the picture gets very grainy.
But I didn't buy it to take pictures of special deer just to watch the deer movement in and out of the food plot and get the times of the deer movement.
I plan to finish my new food plot on the west side of the farm and I will buy another Plotwatcher cam for that area.

On 12-11 morning there was 2 herds of deer of about 10 each feeding. They came in from 2 different directions. It's hard to get a accurate count as the deer move around a lot and a picture is only taken every 10 seconds.

I have been tempted to get one of those. How is battery life?

I have had a couple of regular trail cameras that have the plotwatch option. I have used it a few times the week or so before season to see how much movement.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have been tempted to get one of those. How is battery life?

I have had a couple of regular trail cameras that have the plotwatch option. I have used it a few times the week or so before season to see how much movement.

Uses 8 AA batteries and last couple months.