Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Place your bets

What will ML kill be compared to 2011

• Same + or - 2%

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Up 2-10%

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Up over 10%

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Down 2-20%

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Down over 10%

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
So where do think the muzzleloader kill will be compared to last year? 2011 ML kill was 17108 (FYI in 2010 it was 24,078)

Dang it!! I screwed it up, and ain't smart enough to edit it.

Option 4 should read "Down 2-10%

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I voted for "up 2-10%." Even though I didn't see much myself over the weekend, I've been seeing deer like crazy the past couple days around here. The weather has been perfect so that may have something to do with it. Only problem is, I haven't been seeing very many hunters out either... I guess my optimism is getting the best of me with this vote.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
There were quite a few guys hunting and killing them around here....I would guess the kill was normal or above average here.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Weather was great, we shall see.

I'd disagree with that because I think its a matter of perspective. They were great days, but not what it takes to make great hunting in January IMO. I was sweating my ass off yesterday tracking that doe and I was moving slow. If I had a deers winter coat, I'd wait until dark to move in 50 degree weather...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'd disagree with that because I think its a matter of perspective. They were great days, but not what it takes to make great hunting in January IMO. I was sweating my ass off yesterday tracking that doe and I was moving slow. If I had a deers winter coat, I'd wait until dark to move in 50 degree weather...

I agree Jesse but there was a shitload of hunters out there because of the beautiful weather. Tonk will have to find another excuse for low hunter numbers this muzzy season!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Talking with Huntn2 yesterday he brought up a great point. When the final numbers come out and the season as a whole is down they can't blame telecheck. That is unless they can somehow explain how the ethical people hunt durring muzzy season. And the rest of the seasons are full of poachers who don't check in their deer.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I hunted. Can't honestly say I "hunted hard". Heard some shots here and there. People were still out there. Surprisingly, I did not see the deer. No logical explanation. Sure, the weather was warm. Even so, we generally see SOME movement. I dunno.