Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Paper wasps/hornets

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
So we stumbled across this today.
Not sure how we have missed it all summer as this tower is right off one of our main trials at the front of the farm.....
I was planning on hunting here with he kids in a couple weeks for youth season. Anybody got any bright ideas on how to get rid of them? Without getting stung to shit?
It's a big one!

IMG_6818.jpg

Jake_C

I hate those bastards. They've taken over my shed completely. If it wasn't right next to my propane tank I'd have already cut my losses and torched the shed. Instead I'm going to resort to tossing bug bombs in like a grenade and hope for the best until first freeze.
Good luck with that one. Maybe find a non allergic friend and loosen his judgment with several cold ones and hand him some raid?

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I hate those bastards. They've taken over my shed completely. If it wasn't right next to my propane tank I'd have already cut my losses and torched the shed. Instead I'm going to resort to tossing bug bombs in like a grenade and hope for the best until first freeze.
Good luck with that one. Maybe find a non allergic friend and loosen his judgment with several cold ones and hand him some raid?

Bwahaha, Hell yeah.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Cold and at night spray the living shit outta it... when they're all dead scrape off the nest and wipe it down with bleach otherwise they'll start another....

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
You got a scentsmoker? or regular old bee smoker? Smoke the shit out of them and knock it off into a garbage back or vacuum their asses after you smoke them!

Buckmaster

Portage
Those are bald faced hornets. A can of Raid will do the trick after dark.

They will follow the flashlight....you can ask my wife about that one.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Use the foaming spray and give em hell at night. Be warned however they hole up in there to avoid the spray so you might not get them all first go.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Use the foaming spray and give em hell at night. Be warned however they hole up in there to avoid the spray so you might not get them all first go.

Spray em with the whole can then light that bitch up on fire.... Only on cool evenings....

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
So it sounds like spray the shit out of them after dark is the winner!!!
Well, that sounds too easy. And I don't want to have to drive the 20 miles to the farm after dark.
So here's what I am thinking.......
Just before I leave the farm this weekend, I'll pull up along side it in my truck, crack the window just a tiny-weee bit, and try and empty a can of raid into it. I can close the window real quick if need be.
I mean, what can go wrong with that plan????