Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ozone - whats the hype?? - review to come

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well all I know there has been a lot of hype and I couldn't take it anymore. Rural King was selling the scent lok ozone generator unit for 79 bucks, normally 100. I bought it and will review my thoughts.

I plan to test it on a rag that I clean up some minced garlic with.

I also plan to sit it in my scent tote, and see if it takes away the hickory smoke smell that my clothes are covered with.

Stay tuned.

Buckmaster

Portage
I used to poop Benjamin Franklins too. I always carried 5 of them in my wallet. Then I got married, then had kids.
It's been sometime since I've seen a loose Benjamin.
Those were the days....enjoy them while you can.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Find a funky car or someone with a dank basement. I'm curious how it would do in such situations. Hope it works out well Albert.

Blan37

SW Ohio
When we lived in columbus, our real estate agent said that he used them for dealing with moldy basements. He had a commercial unit and swore by it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
When we lived in columbus, our real estate agent said that he used them for dealing with moldy basements. He had a commercial unit and swore by it.

Car detailers seem to like them.

These are the exact reasons I am considering one. Would I use it for hunting? Maybe. . . .But then I'd still smoke everything up. lol

Gordo

Athens County
Hospitals/labs all seem to use ozone generators to clean the air and are the reason that those places have that 'super clean air' smell. Interesting stuff. As for how well it crosses over to our use, I have no idea.

Keep us posted buddy.

Last edited:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I don't believe it'll get ride of gasoline , or perfume smells but will work on odors caused by bacteria .

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm pulling the trigger. The one Blan was looking at was $60-70. I am going to jump up to the bigger one because one of the main reasons is to use it in my rental properties. I just bought a house we are working on. It is 90yrs old. The basement leaks. It has been a fuel oil heat source until now. We just put in a natural gas furnace. The house has sat empty for 12-18mo. Surprisingly, you can't smell fuel oil and the basement doesn't seem to have the house funky. (I took my wife and her sensitive nose in there before we made an offer.) Really, the house just has a "stale" smell to it since it has sat empty so long. This will likely be one of the first big tests.

For the record, the larger model isn't a ton more money. $95 shipped. I will keep you posted on the results.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well I'm fairly amazed so far. I tossed it in my bag I carry my hunting clothes in. The clothes wreaked of smoke smell. After running the unit there 2 cycles. No smoke smell at all. Smells like nothing. I am amazed by that.

My cousin tried mine and hunted this am. Had deer some downwind. Upwind. Etc. never had a head pick up. I am gunna hunt tomorrow Morning with a mediocre wind for this set to test it.