Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ouch!

Gordo

Athens County
A lady my sis works with had a little accident. Apparently the family is big into archery, and while shooting she mistakingly knocked and cocked her daughters much shorter arrow accidentally.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445529722.466495.jpg

Last edited:

Gordo

Athens County
Said there is possible nerve damage.

Apparently her husband was retrieving arrows and mixed one up. Hope they change there arrow design/look

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Damn.... Attention to detail, never let your guard down on that stuff.... Hopefully only minimal damage and back at here shortly....

Gordo

Athens County
That sucks!

That definitely qualifies as 'sucking'. lol

Not laughing at situation at all. I remember seeing some similar shit on here before.

The lady is a teacher and is hoping that picture makes everyone think a little more and hopes it happens to no one else.

Everyone send some good energy her way and hope there is no permanent damage

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I still don't know how this happens. Every time I see pics like this I try to figure out how they didn't notice the arrow has fallen off the backside of the rest but yet they let it fly and end up with it buried in their hand like this. Crazyness and has to hurt like hell. I bet they don't do it a 2nd time.

Gordo

Athens County
I still don't know how this happens. Every time I see pics like this I try to figure out how they didn't notice the arrow has fallen off the backside of the rest but yet they let it fly and end up with it buried in their hand like this. Crazyness and has to hurt like hell. I bet they don't do it a 2nd time.

I hear ya man. I'd like to think if that happened that i'd just let down my draw. Who knows.

teej89

NE PA

my first thought before looking at the arrow was that she was shooting a recurve but that's not the case.

However I was at a range once and was talking to a guy and I watched him draw and something seemed off as I watched him aim... NO ARROW NOCKED. I yelled out to him and thank god i did or he would have dry fired.