Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Opening Day - Where will you be?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yep, high of 78 here with ENE winds. If the E winds hold, I will sit in the blind at Paradise in the morning and maybe again in the evening since that is a great wind for that spot. My wife may be out of town, so that ruins my evening plans. But if she stays, I'll be taking her and my daughter out in the evening for my daughters first official hunt. She's done well with our training behind the house, so I think she's ready for a couple hour hunt in the blind.

Bigcountry40

Heading back up to North West Ohio too the family farm (10 acres of wood line). Corn is still up and cousin has been seeing a a lot deer movement on the edge of corn and alfalfa field. Anything that is decent size up there is getting an arrow, I only hunt that spot on occasion. So 20 ft high in a oak next to standing corn in a corner of a woods.

I will be on a ridge in vinton county in the morning. Then I will join Cobb for the bean shoot in the afternoon. back at it sunday morning somewhere in Vinton county. Sunday evening I may be in an oak tree in knox county if the wind is out of the west.

Good luck

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Not sure if I will be working still on this hole or be home in a tree.................................probably be here working. :smiley_confused_vra

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Parking cars for a gun show at a Club where I am a member. I get to see whats coming into the show first just in case there is a nice trip 4's marlin real cheap since the club is in Pennsylvania.

Diablo54

Outside
I've got two nice bucks messing up in the evenings. If the wind is right I will put Kay in her stand to try and intercept them.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Leaning towards just doin a dove hunt. Just feel my odds of killing a big deer are low , and don't wanna mess with a doe . Really ain't to excited for deer yet .

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Leaning towards just doin a dove hunt. Just feel my odds of killing a big deer are low , and don't wanna mess with a doe . Really ain't to excited for deer yet .
Same here. I'll probably spend more time scouting the first few weeks of season than actually hunting. Got my eye on some property that I'm gonna ask permission for this week. Other than that I'll be focusing on some high percentage public land spots.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm hunting Saturday regardless as I need some woods time. That said, I doubt I see the deer woods again until the first cold front after Strouds...

Bigcountry40

Dragging…usually me and my old man stay up half the night drinking and are dragging some serious ass the opening morning. Then I'll probably find a nice tree to take a nap next to. It seems to happen for some reason every year, lol.

I about spit my coffee all over the computer when I read this, story of every deer camp I have ever been to since probably age 16.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Wishing I had hung a set I had a few years back for an E wind now. It's on the edge of an oak flat with a ravine behind the stand. Would have made for a fun hunt Saturday morning...