Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

one thing I love

at1010

*Supporting Member*
well as my gun season was crappy! I did dig find a few nice rubs from a buck staying near the center of my farm. I hope this deer makes it through gun season. I am confident he will.

What do you all think? Big rubs or what? IMG_1166.JPGIMG_1167.JPG

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I would say this tree is slightly smaller than a telephone pole!

some of the biggest I have seen, I also don't hunt in an area where I ever have had GIANTS around.

Share some thoughts boys!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
How far away where you when you spotted them?

I found one like this on a farm probably 10 years ago. Spotted it from 60 yds away. Never saw the deer. Next spring found what I believe was his shed about 40 yds away from the rub.

uploadfromtaptalk1449104141702.jpg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
well here is the thing I have a couple of rub in this area. I was probably near 60 yards. I have a camera setup within 50 yards between both sets of big rubs. He has probably 6 trees this size torn up.

I just don't have any BIG deer on this camera. I have a few nice ones but no BIG ones.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He might be skirting your camera Al. Rotate the camera on the tree to face another direction. Catch him off guard. You might only get a picture or two before he starts skirting it again, but at least you will know.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Is there pics of any that have brows about that width?

I will need to go back and look. Maybe! Good idea on that.

What's crazy is this is in the backyard of our cabin. Whole farm has good sign. Best sign is 100 yards off porch. Haha