Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohoooooooo Nellie!!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Keith Jackson

Heard on my way to work this morning that he passed. His voice and commentary were staples during college football games every Saturday back in the day. May he RIP.

Curt Gowdy was another one blessed with the voice, imo.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
He always seemed like he was more a Michigan fan but I enjoyed hearing his distinctive voice. The last game I heard him call was with Dan Fouts and it seemed like Dan did most of the commentating.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
He always seemed like he was more a Michigan fan but I enjoyed hearing his distinctive voice. The last game I heard him call was with Dan Fouts and it seemed like Dan did most of the commentating.

Yup, if I remember he retired and just came back for a few games a year then and I watched the same game. I remember him calling a Buckeye game(maybe bowl game) and he referred Eddie George to a 40 foot blackjack pine as he ran tall and hard all game long.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Yup, if I remember he retired and just came back for a few games a year then and I watched the same game. I remember him calling a Buckeye game(maybe bowl game) and he referred Eddie George to a 40 foot blackjack pine as he ran tall and hard all game long.

LMFAO xactly the game I remember.