Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio State Buckeye Football 2013

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just wanted to start a thread for us who follow the Buckeyes. I've been keeping an eye on their recruitment for the past few months and after a small lull here and there over the course of the summer they have quite a nice class shaping up. They are currently listed just a tad ahead of Bama for the 4th ranked class according to scouts.com and there are rumors that highly touted player athlete Noah Brown out of Jersey might commit as early as next week. Checked out his game highlight reel and he is a stud. He's 6'2" and goes 210 and can fly. Plays both WR and RB in highschool.

If he does join this class as well as a few others on Urbans radar they might have a team that can go up against anyone in the SEC. I know Joe probably thinks that's wishful thinking but with Urbans experience playing in that conference for about 6 seasons and knowing what they're about and what kind of talent it takes to play with the big boys I feel OSU is about take it up a notch.

We shall see......GO BUCKS!:pickle:

Ricer2231

I saw where the coaches poll has the Bucks ranked second in the nation behind Bama. You are right Ric, that prospect is practically the definition of stud. He looks like the total package with speed, agility and great hands. Plus the fact that he had said, at an earlier date, that he likes a lot of things about Urbans way of coaching. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
OH

Huckleberry Finn

I am excited to see Noah Spence and Adolphus Washington become full time starters on the D-Line. There has been a ton of talk (hype?) about them for the last 2 years and it will be good to see those boys start knocking heads around.

--

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I saw where the coaches poll has the Bucks ranked second in the nation behind Bama. You are right Ric, that prospect is practically the definition of stud. He looks like the total package with speed, agility and great hands. Plus the fact that he had said, at an earlier date, that he likes a lot of things about Urbans way of coaching. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
OH

Yep. Here we go again with going in to the season always over ranked OSU. Then a cake walk strength of schedule to keep them there. OSU is like the desperate housewives of college football. It's not really a good show but it's better than the rest of the conference. Lol.

Huckleberry Finn

Yep. Here we go again with going in to the season always over ranked OSU. Then a cake walk strength of schedule to keep them there. OSU is like the desperate housewives of college football. It's not really a good show but it's better than the rest of the conference. Lol.

Yup. Colorado State and Chattanooga. Doozers!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
:smiley_clap:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yup. Colorado State and Chattanooga. Doozers!

Try LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Miss State, Georgia, Tenn, KY. OSUs ticket sales and viewers would plummet 3 games in with a SOS like that. Then what would they do with all their merchandising coffee cups, T-shirts, and mouse pads.

Must suck to know that last year while big bad OSU was playing a pattycake game with Miami Redhawks those Bama boys came up game 1 and stomped a mud hole in OSUs biggest rival like it was a scrimmage game.

Huckleberry Finn

Try LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Miss State, Georgia, Tenn, KY. OSUs ticket sales and viewers would plummet 3 games in with a SOS like that. Then what would they do with all their merchandising coffee cups, T-shirts, and mouse pads.

Must suck to know that last year while big bad OSU was playing a pattycake game with Miami Redhawks those Bama boys came up game 1 and stomped a mud hole in OSUs biggest rival like it was a scrimmage game.

Lol Kentucky was 2-10 last year. Rough!!!!!!!!!!

As for the rest, the SEC is benefited by having their teams ranked high by the media at the start of the season. USAToday preseason poll came out today. The top 25 has 6 SEC teams and 5 Big 10 teams. However, the SEC has 5 teams in the top 10 (Bama -1, Georgia - 5, Texas A&M - 6, S. Carolina - 7, and Florida - 10). So when Bama beats Georgia, Georgia only drops to 5-10; Texas drops to 10, but woah! They beat Georgia and they are back ranked 4th. And then S. Carolina beats Florida, so they would be a good fit to move up....it's all inflated. (See Big 10 in March Madness last year; ACC or Big East in March Madness any year).

I will also say that the SEC has some smart Athletic Directors that don't schedule games away from home either (see LSU, who I hope can manage Kent State the 3rd week of the season!). Bama stomped Michigan in Cowboys Stadium. Why didn't they go up to the big house in November and play? Again - smart AD's!

Yes, the SEC has plenty of good schools....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Lol Kentucky was 2-10 last year. Rough!!!!!!!!!!

As for the rest, the SEC is benefited by having their teams ranked high by the media at the start of the season. USAToday preseason poll came out today. The top 25 has 6 SEC teams and 5 Big 10 teams. However, the SEC has 5 teams in the top 10 (Bama -1, Georgia - 5, Texas A&M - 6, S. Carolina - 7, and Florida - 10). So when Bama beats Georgia, Georgia only drops to 5-10; Texas drops to 10, but woah! They beat Georgia and they are back ranked 4th. And then S. Carolina beats Florida, so they would be a good fit to move up....it's all inflated. (See Big 10 in March Madness last year; ACC or Big East in March Madness any year).

I will also say that the SEC has some smart Athletic Directors that don't schedule games away from home either (see LSU, who I hope can manage Kent State the 3rd week of the season!). Bama stomped Michigan in Cowboys Stadium. Why didn't they go up to the big house in November and play? Again - smart AD's!

Yes, the SEC has plenty of good schools....

Unlike OSU the SEC rankings are based on their ability to play hard football vs merchandising and fan dollars. Most of their in conference games through the season are brutal. That's why you have 5 SEC teams in the top 10. The strength of schedule these teams have to deal with is unmatched by any other conference. That's why you have teams like OSU who get to the championship game and get slaughtered 2 years in a row. The quality of the game is drastically different between the conferences. To me it's the difference between High school football and college football. It's like OSU is playing high school ball and wins their season undefeated. Hell of an accomplishment no doubt. But then they have to go play a championship game against a team that won their college football season undefeated. It's not the same level of football. That's why they get beat 48-14 and 38-24 in a championship game. It's still fun to watch as they're slightly better than the rest in their conference and the games are close. But step out of that bubble and it's time to go to school.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
It starts with recruiting the best players each and every year. For years the SEC has had their pick of the litter, but with Meyers ability as a recruiter, they will get better. It's a apples and oranges deal for me. It will be interesting to me how the Buckeyes will do these next couple years. I say their future is bright! O-H

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I-O!

I love watching college football. With that being said I also would like to see anyone but an SEC team take the tittle this year, I would like to see the Bucks do it but I honestly don't think this is the year. Give Meyers a few years and I do believe its a good possibility they can win the tittle. Who knows what can happen, hell even Silva lost (actually got knocked out) this year, but that's MMA.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Noah Brown finally pulled the trigger and committed to the Buckeyes today! Pushed our scouts recruiting ranking from 6-7th to 4th. He's a big 4**** recruit and adds yet another big physical Julio Jones type player to our WR in this class. If you get a chance you ought to check out some of his game clips....he's a playmaker and game changer,IMO.

GO BUCKS! O-H...........

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
yep. Here we go again with going in to the season always over ranked osu. Then a cake walk strength of schedule to keep them there. Osu is like the desperate housewives of college football. It's not really a good show but it's better than the rest of the conference. Lol.

amen too that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the Bugeye fans I work with,,,most never played a down of football in there life and are experts on the game and how it should be played,which I keep my mouth shut ,,,,these recruits are kids,don't bank your hopes on them,most will never pan out or get in trouble from taking money from all the OSU boosters!!!!!!!!

Last edited: