Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Outfitter to avoid

I don't see enough tine length to make 190 but I would still be happy with it. A 160" deer is one hell of an accomplishment I don't know why these douche bags are always trying to make it something it's not.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Just another example of someone wanting to make it big in the whitetail world. The number one Big Game animal in the world has evolved into an epidemic of over night experts. It's all about endorsements and sponsors and money.
Guys like this Kyle McClain are all over the place.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Just another example of someone wanting to make it big in the whitetail world. The number one Big Game animal in the world has evolved into an epidemic of over night experts. It's all about endorsements and sponsors and money.

And its sickening.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't see enough tine length to make 190 but I would still be happy with it. A 160" deer is one hell of an accomplishment I don't know why these douche bags are always trying to make it something it's not.

x2. Great deer. No doubt about it. Not seeing anything close to a record though. Marketing hype which was way exaggerated.

Buckstraight

Yeah this Kyle McClain guy is a real piece of work he's screwed a lot of people out of money and is now living in lancaster with a woman who's faking an injury to get disability but they both always go workout, drinking, etc. all the time. If y'all have any questions pm me. He's supposed to be going on trial in hocking county this month and has a lot of charges here in fairfield n hocking counties.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Yeah this Kyle McClain guy is a real piece of work he's screwed a lot of people out of money and is now living in lancaster with a woman who's faking an injury to get disability but they both always go workout, drinking, etc. all the time. If y'all have any questions pm me. He's supposed to be going on trial in hocking county this month and has a lot of charges here in fairfield n hocking counties.

Welcome to TOO!

ASATs

fyi this buck was not affiliated with buckeye trophy connection in any way. the buck just happened to be killed the same week that BC were in town and was nearby, so they went and visited it and zac.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Not much on there promoting his 'business' either tho. Too bad there are plenty of people out there just like him that do things like this to unsuspecting people as this thread sounds legit to me.

What a mess. I'm so tired of these people who either own land they farm and/or lease up a bunch of farm land and then create a website and post a sign and hey I'm a outfitter. How many times do we read threads like this about fellow Ohioan's screwing fellow hunters. Just sad... I haven't looked up what it takes if it takes much effort to be licensed by the state or if you even have to complete any training or verification, etc. to be called an outfitter, but maybe we should start a thread with just names and links or pdf files of data on these jackasses???

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio

EXACTLY..... Just turn on the outdoor channel. Makes you wonder if you can even believe anything these assclowns say since they only promote products.

bowhuntress

What a mess. I'm so tired of these people who either own land they farm and/or lease up a bunch of farm land and then create a website and post a sign and hey I'm a outfitter. How many times do we read threads like this about fellow Ohioan's screwing fellow hunters. Just sad... I haven't looked up what it takes if it takes much effort to be licensed by the state or if you even have to complete any training or verification, etc. to be called an outfitter, but maybe we should start a thread with just names and links or pdf files of data on these jackasses???
He doesn't Own any land and doesn't lease it either. He puts his clients on land he doesn't have permission on. He's a crooked dude. Beware!

SMTA

I PM'd PADeer with McClain's current location and cell number.

I hope that it helps him.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
When is the ODNR going to wake up and require licenses and liability insurance from these half *ss, plethora of phoney bologna guides and outfitters over running Ohio. A fishing guide needs a license why not idiots playing with guns?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
When is the ODNR going to wake up and require licenses and liability insurance from these half *ss, plethora of phoney bologna guides and outfitters over running Ohio. A fishing guide needs a license why not idiots playing with guns?

Send this too your legislator and ask him.... See if he responds....

teej89

NE PA
i love the all new members that posted here and to date only have 1 post.... hmmmmm

Did I hear the name Kyle Mclain?

Gordo

Athens County
i love the all new members that posted here and to date only have 1 post.... hmmmmm

Did I hear the name Kyle Mclain?

We all started somewhere!!!! That damn first post........ Ha. I know what ya mean. Every so often someone sticks. Look at all us crazy asses!