Ohio Draw Hunts

Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join
Anyone ever draw one of Ohio's draw hunts? Yesterday I applied for the Ravenna JMTB gun hunt and the Mosguito Creek ML hunt. I figured since I'll be coming to Ohio to deer hunt anyway that the extra $6 for application fees wouldn't matter.

MK111

*Supporting Member*
SW Ohio
I hunted Ravenna 2 times in the 1970-80's. Took a nice big buck the 1st hunt. The 2nd hunt I drew a doe only tag and only seen bucks.

"J"

*Supporting Member*
Columbiana County
Ravenna got hit hard with mite a few years ago and lost a lot of deer because of it...
Not sure if it's made a comeback yet, but probably still worth the trip in there...

Mosquito Creek is another good one... Always seem too have some good ones taken every year....

Mike

*Supporting Member*
Wood Co.
I just spend $18 for all the deer hunts like I do every year. I never drew, but was able to tag along on a NASA gun hunt. Awesome experience.

nis1

I put in for them every year. Been drawn for mosquito creek muzzleloader and was out of state for that one so my dad and a buddy of his went. They had fun but didn't kill anything. Got invited to plumbrook with a buddy but had a death in the family so that one fell through too. I hope to get to go on one some day.

They really cut out a whole lot of the women's hunts which was a real disappointment as my wife is an avid deer hunter.

jagermeister

*Supporting Member*
Ohio
I just finished putting in for every hunt except the Mosquito Creek waterfowl hunt and the mobility impaired hunts. $36 out the door. Hopefully my luck changes for the better this year.