Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Numbers.. Ohio's 2011-12 White-tailed Deer Season -8%

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Victim of a Drive By Shooting around 10:30 am today while mousing in a field below the father in laws house.

RIP Ole Friend.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Brock...

How ironic this happened today when we have been so civily discussing deer/coyotes. Her dad called me tonight and told me what had happened.. he sounded alittle Sad. We have many pictures in the past 2 years of this guy and was routinely seen while bow hunting. ..Not sure what he was doing mousing in broad daylight close to a road.. Its a shame he got whacked in a drive by fashion...

He was a great hunter..Honor him.

Last edited:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Brock...

How ironic this happened today when we have been so civily discussing deer/coyotes. Her dad called me tonight and told me what had happened.. he sounded alittle Sad. We have many pictures in the past 2 years of this guy and was routinely seen while bow hunting. ..Not sure what he was doing mousing in broad daylight close to a road.. Its a shame he got whacked in a drive by fashion...

Another one will take his place soon enough.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hunters with that level of honor and dignity recognize one another...its a respect thing. BTW, if you saw "him" while bowhunting so often, he should have never been shot in a drive by fashion. You should have put an arrow in him long ago!

Diablo54

Outside
diablo..

Dont ask questions..just go with it.

Oh I forgot you know it all...Bow down fellow too members the coyote master is here. He may think they are only the size of Jack russels and that he can kick them in the face and kill them but he knows it all. It's safe to say that there are several coyotes on that property and that could have been any of them.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
How 'bout those deer numbers!?!

I'm headed to Athens this weekend. Who else is hitting up an Open House?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330645112.284148.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330645112.284148.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 138

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Brock...

I've got a Wile E, Coyote outfit......You could wear it down in that field tomorrow in honor of your lil buddy who got wacked today............

Schu72

Streetsboro
Maybe this year we should not score antlerless deer in our hunting competition. I know some shoot them in the urban zones, but its probably sending a mixed message. I'm working on a few leads for some new urban areas that just added some bowhunting regs this past year. I plan to be very selective in the coming years of where I take any antlerless deer.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Maybe this year we should not score antlerless deer in our hunting competition. I know some shoot them in the urban zones, but its probably sending a mixed message. I'm working on a few leads for some new urban areas that just added some bowhunting regs this past year. I plan to be very selective in the coming years of where I take any antlerless deer.

That's an idea..

Huckleberry Finn

Or just count one. That's a good point.

huntn2

Hudson, OH

I like the idea Scott!

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Shooting them and just not scoring them would be somewhat hipocritical and would do nothing to improve the population. How about just not shooting them. If we want to get a sound point across, we cant be doing one thing and saying another. I know around here if I do not shoot it that it will be dead as soon as it jumps the fence or gets to a road, but hey you have got to start somewhere.