Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Not new but newly dedicated to this site

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
Hey everybody, I've been registered here since May 2012 shortly after Jesse and others started the site. I registered here after Jesse invited me to check it out way back then. I haven't ever posted much on here because I just didn't have time for two sites since I spent a lot of time (over 5,000 posts!) on another website which I got involved with in July 2006. The other site was a good place for several years and I met a lot of good guys on there. Eventually I was rewarded with the title of "pro staff" (which meant absolutely nothing other than a title). After several years of that it was time for something new. Most of the guys I used to talk bowhunting with have worked their way over here so now I'm here too. Don't worry I'm not a loud mouth, know-it-all! I like to talk bowhunting much more than I like to argue or brag about myself.

About me: I live in Oak Hill, Ohio, hunt my 35 acres, my FIL/MIL's 120 acres, and a few other properties in Jackson and Scioto Counties. I still pack my first bow, a Q2XL, and probably will until I die or win the lottery! After about 10 years of bowhunting nearly every day of the season and teaching myself how to be an ok hunter things have changed a little for me since I have 1 and 3 year old boys (future bowhunters). The hunting has decreased, the scouting has really decreased, but I still spend my fair share of time in a tree.

I look forward to talking outdoors, mainly bowhunting, which like many of you is my passion.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Welcome buddy. I saw you posted earlier today and checked out your profile. Noticed you'd been around since 2012 with only 3 or so posts. Glad to have you. I think you'll find a great group of guys here in addition to the ones from the other site who moved over. Our forum is member moderated and beheld to no sponsors. No nazi mods here. If you see an ad it's because they either give all members a discount on products, or we know them personally. We believe in passing it on as a thank you to our members who without them this place would be a personal diary.

With that said, we also recognize post counts as a semi authoritative badge of honor for forum members. They've read a ton and contributed toward the greater good of information sharing. As such we believe a person should be recognized for that no matter the forum. Send me a PM with what your post count was there and you'll be given credit here. It's the least we could do to put y'all on the same standing and just recognition you had elsewhere.

Welcome aboard!

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
Welcome buddy. I saw you posted earlier today and checked out your profile. Noticed you'd been around since 2012 with only 3 or so posts. Glad to have you. I think you'll find a great group of guys here in addition to the ones from the other site who moved over. Our forum is member moderated and beheld to no sponsors. No nazi mods here. If you see an ad it's because they either give all members a discount on products, or we know them personally. We believe in passing it on as a thank you to our members who without them this place would be a personal diary.

With that said, we also recognize post counts as a semi authoritative badge of honor for forum members. They've read a ton and contributed toward the greater good of information sharing. As such we believe a person should be recognized for that no matter the forum. Send me a PM with what your post count was there and you'll be given credit here. It's the least we could do to put y'all on the same standing and just recognition you had elsewhere.

Welcome aboard!

5,138, I appreciate the hospitality.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I still pack my first bow, a Q2XL, and probably will until I die or win the lottery!

I look forward to talking outdoors, mainly bowhunting, which like many of you is my passion.

I dig that! If it's workin', it's all good!

I'm liking your trailcam pics - good stuff.
Hope to see you at an outing sometime - welcome!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Glad you are going to be around more Kurtis. Like I said in my PM earlier, I know you to be a good man full of good knowledge. You'll fit right in here! Hhe

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Glad to see you back man. Thought I seen that name from the other site and the profile pic confirmed it for me.
post away here and have fun while your doing it.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Hey Kurtis!! :smiley_cheers:pull up a chair buddy, it will feel just like home.

You've got to try and make it to one of the TOO get togethers. I always look forward to tipping a few with Blackbeard around a camp fire. Lots of good stories to share for sure!

Last edited:

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I'm sure youve seen our "deer beard" thread. With a name like blackbeard, you have got to share with some of us older guys, How do you keep it black? We get laughed at in the store buying "just for men.

My beard is more grey than black any more.