Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Not Feeling it

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Today I actually passed up on an opportunity to hunt.

With starting a new job, everyone moving back to Athens, etc. It has been crazy and i kind of wanted a day to just chill.

I obviously am writing this because I feel guilty for not hunting, but I also felt like I wanted a break!

Anyone else feel like this?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Can't kill 'em if you aren't in the woods! That being said, 300hrs on stand is a long time, so I can see where you would be burned out.

I'm headed to the woods here in a few. The rain is coming, but I figure at the very leas,! I can hang a stand and have all my scent washed away for the next four days. Maybe I will get lucky and the rain will go around!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dont feel bad, at. I haven't really been "feeling it" since the end of November. I might get out another time or two with the bow, but if not I'm not really going to care very much.

Buckmaster

Portage
Same here. Just drinking beer, cleaning the fuzz out of my belly button, and watching the NFL playoffs. I'll be ready for breakfast here shortly. This weekend has been nominated for don't do shit except take naps and drink beer. Just chillin.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Yeah, sounds as though you need a break. Even though we love to deer hunt or any other hobbie, we can get burnt out. It sounds like you put your time in TOO! Take a break and relax a bit.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Sounds like you are whining to me! ;)

rotflmao

Been there, done that. Sometimes it does the mind and body good to do something other than sit 20' up a tree and stare at leaves...

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Mentally, I've just changed gears from deerz to duck & geese. Now I'm thinking about how, and if, I want to change gears back. Geese are here now, but I still have a buck tag in my wallet, and maybe a decent change at killing one. Decisions, decisions.

Hunting should always be about having fun. If you're not in it to just have fun, then you're in it for the wrong reasons. I know what you mean about feeling guilty though. There are only so many days that we can get out and you hate to waste those days. But sometimes it's just better to take a weekend off to re-evaluate & recharge. I didn't hunt this weekend. Could have. But didn't to spend sometime at home with the wife & family. It was a good decision.