Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Northwest Ohio Bobcat?

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Apparently this isn't the first sighting in recent years...i think one was spotted in 2010, maybe in the same area...i thought it was pretty neat to find out that they were in the area, but i'm sure a lot of people in the are that didn't know they were being reintroduced are not happy about finding out only after one was hit by a car...i was quite surprised myself to hear about this one, so close to the middle of the city

Great...just fine and dandy. :smiley_arrogant: Exactly what this state needs is more predators...NOT! Especially, cats, which are killing machines. There are entire species of birds that are extinct, due to house cats. I can only imagine what a larger version of a cat will do to the remaining population a small game animals. :smiley_armscrossed:

As if coyotes are doing enough damage to the other small game species, now we have to contend with bobcats...and they're protected too. NUTS! :smiley_crazy: Even the groundhog population isn't what it used to be and that was a huge door opener, for me, to get on new properties.

Bowhunter57

Diablo54

Outside
Great...just fine and dandy. :smiley_arrogant: Exactly what this state needs is more predators...NOT! Especially, cats, which are killing machines. There are entire species of birds that are extinct, due to house cats. I can only imagine what a larger version of a cat will do to the remaining population a small game animals. :smiley_armscrossed:

As if coyotes are doing enough damage to the other small game species, now we have to contend with bobcats...and they're protected too. NUTS! :smiley_crazy: Even the groundhog population isn't what it used to be and that was a huge door opener, for me, to get on new properties.

Bowhunter57

I'd love to see them make a comeback. They are doing good down in this part of the state.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I saw one out of the stand once about 8 years ago, had to do a double take to make sure my eyes weren't fooling me.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!

Bowhunter57

not a bad idea to keep metro area rodent populations down...but it seems too risky to re-introduce a predator into a metro park inside the 475 loop