Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Newbie question

Gordo

Athens County
I went all cheech and Chong style when I first got mine. Burnt a big ole hole in my pants while smoking through the hole in my Tupperware. Extra crispy...... Well done.....

Isaacorps

Columbus
no shit!

Just 1 More

Scent free all year.. all clothes, all the time. Unscented deodorant all year, all the time,, Wash base layers and warm weather cloths after every use. Heavy outer layers get washed after a couple uses or sooner if I feel they've been compromised. Watson Air Lock clothing bag, Ozonics in the tree and occasionally closet treatment.

toke2

I don't smoke em... but for years have done the scent free soap, shampoo, detergents, etc... I keep all my clothes in a plastic tub and use those "DIRT" wafers - keep 3 or more in the tub at a time. When I pull my gear/clothes out, I EVEN SMELL THE DIRT, so I know they are dirt scented. That said, I posted recently about my experience opening day, where I had to hunt from the ground. An hour after I got all sweaty climbing from climbing up a steep ridge - had two does come within 15 feet ( not yards) of me. Not saying scent control is not important, it is. But maybe not as important as we think. Wind is a key too. I will still use my dirt wafers for storage... very easy and no thought or effort needed, but may back off all the other crazy stuff I buy.