Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Up And Coming Hunter Here

Hello My name is Steven Junior, I am from Cincinnati Ohio..I'm 22 years old..I was first interested in Deer hunting last season when my buddy got me all hyped up for the rifle season down in Kentucky and i went out got a rifle and all my gear and didn't get a chance to go...i was upset that i spent all the money and got everything and didn't go, So i just figured ill give it another try this year but instead of going with a rifle ill just get me a bow and a shotgun so i can just go hunting in ohio and not pay the extra money to hunt out of state, but the only problem here is that i don't know anyone with land that would allow me to hunt on their land as of right now, so i found this site and hope to make some new ohio hunting buddies that can show me and teach me some stuff i don't know about this sport, i think that i am a natural outdoorsman if that makes any sense to y'all, So hopefully ill talk to yall some more today or later on this afternoon, thanks for reading if u wanna know anything else about me just shoot me a message or just reply to this post, Thanks Yall

-Steven

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Practice, practice than practice some more until it becomes second nature too you..... Hit the public land like redcloud mentioned and you'll find some spots that'll give you a chance.....

Welcome too the site and read a lot and you'll become pretty knowledgeable.....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome Steven! I'm from Warren county so we're almost neighbors. Checkout the Mt. Airy park. Don't know if its too late to get in on it though. There is a slew of deer and big bucks running down there as I was told but you have to pass a hunters safety course and pass a shooting test(easy=5 arrows in a pie plate at 20 yards) to get in. East Fork and Hueston Woods are also great options as well. Good luck

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Welcome to the site. Best of luck. Sounds like you got some pretty solid advice already. Practice a ton with that bow for sure. They require a lot of familiarity. Public land is what I was going to suggest. I know Kentucky has some public land as well if you still wanted to use that rifle.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Welcome TOO the site! Where exactly in Cincy are you? Great advise has been given here already, but just browse around and ask questions and someone here will be more than willing to help you!