Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Trail Camera Company Coming.....

Interesting....

I know what the standard answer is....

I hope I'm taking the sarcasm the wrong way... If someone does it better, let's hear... I'm all ears. We go to the ends of earth for our customers, whether they own 10 cams or simply one. Last I knew we were the first to offer a 5 year warranty on a electronic device set out in the elements 365, which has caused several other manufactures to extend their warranty including Recoynx. I realize not everyone sees our value proposition, and that's fine, but for the folks who do we do our best to ensure when they exchange a day's labor for an Exodus product they are happy.

I dunno. I forgot to mention that the latch that broke... it was just the hook part. That latch would not even stay seated all winter long when attempting to latch it. I totally forgot about that & I hope Chad or Steve reads this, since my cam actually arrived back to them today. I've racked my brain trying to figure it out all this time. Fugg it. Even when I had my Reconyx HC500, that had to be sent back for repair, so I'm not worried. I am excited about the advertised video quality, so time will tell.

Hey Kevin we did get your camera back today, Steve has it slated to be looked at tomorrow. We've actually had several cams have latch issues, 50 or so. The problem doesn't lie from the shell being warped but from tolerances on the door being too tight. Most of these occurred during/after the winter of 2016 and after looking at the serial numbers we determined the majority are from the same production lot from 2015 where we first got started. Not an excuse, just letting you know. Since we have adjusted the tolerances and also added gussets to the latch design. We haven't looked at your unit yet, but I'm guessing that is the problem. Steve will install the updated latches, adjust the tolerances on the door or install a new door, and also inspect the post on the back housing to ensure there is no damage to cause another issue down the road. If you email us the other unit's serial number we can determine if it was from the problematic lot.

Really glad to hear you've been happy with the LIFTs and we're truly humbled to have your continued support.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I hope I'm taking the sarcasm the wrong way... If someone does it better, let's hear... I'm all ears. We go to the ends of earth for our customers, whether they own 10 cams or simply one. Last I knew we were the first to offer a 5 year warranty on a electronic device set out in the elements 365, which has caused several other manufactures to extend their warranty including Recoynx. I realize not everyone sees our value proposition, and that's fine, but for the folks who do we do our best to ensure when they exchange a day's labor for an Exodus product they are happy.

In all my years of dealing with warranty issues I've never seen a company start the warranty over.... Hence my posting....

Just dealt with Westin nerf bars thru Summit and had the same outcome in at 2.5 years of a 3 year warranty....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My cam is on it's way back. This is Chad's reply ...

Hi Kevin,

As discussed on TOO your LIFT cam was repair and is headed back your way.

-Both latch assemblies were replaced with the update latches
-Tolerances on door were adjusted
-Cam housing was inspected for any warping and/or defects. None were found
-Battery tray and terminals inspected for any corrosion
-Cam seals were lubricated

Sorry for the troubles and again thank you for the continued support. If you have any further needs or questions please feel free to reach back out.

Thanks,
Chad Sylvester

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't own one of your cams. Your open arms to take care of issues and total transparency speaks volumes. I'm impressed.

I tried to use your promo code and the site won't take it. Did it expire?

Sorry it's been a while since I logged in here. You would have to clarify which code you tried to use, there are several out there and each has its own parameters. Did you try our customer service line or email for help? If so, did Steve take care of you? Also, another note....some codes are not stackable on top of sale prices, that too could be the issue.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm considering a new cam this year and it will likely be an Exodus due to what I've seen while following this thread. Very pleased with my Bushnell and Browning cams, but when the day comes that I have an issue, I know not to expect this level of customer service.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Sorry it's been a while since I logged in here. You would have to clarify which code you tried to use, there are several out there and each has its own parameters. Did you try our customer service line or email for help? If so, did Steve take care of you? Also, another note....some codes are not stackable on top of sale prices, that too could be the issue.
never got it resolved so I just moved on and picked up a couple of others. I'm still looking to add a few so maybe I will get this year or next