Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New to the forum and hunting

ADFrase

Yep, ya'll got yourself one heck of a new newbie here! I took up archery over the summer, and decided to make this my first year hunting. I grew up on the farm, so I know my way around the woods and a skinner (too many years helping butcher). So since this is my first year, I am starting from practically nothing. But I can say, I have gathered up quite a collection of arrows and broadheads over the past couple of months. I'm just waiting to get sucked into all the different calls...lol I hunt pubic land, and well...the best hunting that I have found around me is about an hour away. I can say I enjoy the challenge, and try to be as traditional in my hunting and tracking as I can.

My second hobby is restoring and showing old farm equipment. So I know my way around a toolbox and being "creative". I enjoy this hobby and the people involved in it. I love the knowledge that is shared, and also being able to pass that knowledge on to others.

So that's a little about me, and I look forward to a safe and deer filled hunting season. :smiley_crocodile:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice introduction. Make yourself at home. Best thing about being green is all the new sights, sounds, smells in the woods and cool stuff you learn and experience. Best of luck out there. Be safe!

ADFrase

I haven't got the room for tractors yet, but I still want my round spoke John Deere B and a nice Ollie Row Crop. My focus is mostly the hit miss engines. The last addition to the collection was a "small" 4ph Witte that I picked up over the summer. It probably weighs close to 800lb. LOL!
IMG95201308229520011595255.jpg

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Welcome to the site!
Good bunch of guys - five years ago I was in much the same spot as you, and these ol' boyz learnt me....
And there's a lot to learn, but it's all fun. :smiley_coolpeace: