Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

new to ohio. tips on where or how to hunt?!

fordman1996

alright everyone. im new to ohio. ive hunted all my life in northeastern Pennsylvania but going to college at ohio technical college has pushed me to the cleaveland, broadview, royalton area. I know how to hunt in northeast pa but im sure ill have to change the way I hunt here. so whats going to be different here? im not expecting someone to tell me the guy to go to that lets you hunt his land but is there a half decent public hunting land within an hour or hour and a half from me? any help and tips are greatly appreciated. hell, i'd be willing to meet up with someone that knows what there doing if you wouldn't mind showing me around some of these woods. my roommate and I cannot seem to find a place close enough that were sure is even worth spending time. well, if anyone knows anything at all, please do let me know. also, we both will only mainly use bows. thanks! rocco and joe!

Welcome to TOO, not sure about that part of the state. I hunt north west Ohio and south eastern sometimes. There are a lot of great people here that are well versed in hunting Ohio, I'm sure someone will chime in and give some good advice. Once again welcome and best of luck too you guys.

rsmith

Welcome to too! I would call ODNR or go on their sight and just start scouting places around you. There are places all over the place you just got to look. Just go look at the public land sight and start google mapping it to get a decent view of it without having to actually go their

Hey brother welcome. I actually live very close to there (northern Medina county). I will tell you public hunting land isn't really close or have quality deer. ODNR's website has a couple options but nothing really decent in my opinion, I've been hunting for about 11 years and always on private property and my own property. Best public land is honestly in southern Ohio but expect to find other guys. Any other questions let me know!