Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New project 300 Blackout 10.5" pistol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Me likey! I once had a kel-tek sub 2000 in 9mm and it was a blast to shoot. Junk built POS but it was fun on the range.

If you don't mind what's the recipe for that gun. I feel a build coming on.

Go too PSA.com and pick up a lower and an upper and there ya go...

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My 10.5" upper and AR 15 pistol lower have been ordered. In the meantime I believe I still have some RCBS 165 gr lead cast bullets left over from my pistol silhoutte shooting days and will load some up in the 300 BO.
This is going to be a fun cheap gun to shoot.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Me likey! I once had a kel-tek sub 2000 in 9mm and it was a blast to shoot. Junk built POS but it was fun on the range.

If you don't mind what's the recipe for that gun. I feel a build coming on.

I got a complete pistol in 9MM from American Tactical. It's a registered pistol and believe it has a 5" barrel under the forearm. It came with one after market 30 rn magazine. I just added the red dot sight, Sig arm brace, the lower forearm hand stop, and I bought 2 Glock 30 rn magazines.
Got the Sig arm brace direct from Sig for $112 which is about $20-25 cheaper than anywhere else. Got the hand stop off ebay for $22 shipped.
I traded a 25 yr old ATV that I hadn't ridden in 12 yrs even up for it. I did spend $175 to get ATV running good.
I believe FFL wholesale is around $750.

Don't know what's available for builds in 9MM.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I received my 10.5" complete 300 BO upper today and it looks good with bolt and charging handle. Cost $319 delivered.
Pistol lower on way to FFL Dealer now at cost $145 delivered.
So $464 total. Cheapest complete 10.5" pistol was $600-800.

Did some research on powder coating lead bullets. And my friend in Dallas TX is shooting powder coated bullets in his 9MM pistol. I've never had a leading problem in any pistol or rifle I shot my premium lead bullets in but this seems like a new project to play with.

Looking at maybe picking up a multi caliber suppressor for my 22 CF-RF, 9MM, and 300 BO projects. My son just got his multi caliber suppressor so next week I'm going to try his suppressor out and see if that's what I want. Research shows it works just fine. It's a little pricey but still cheaper than 3 suppressors and 3 tax stamps.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My AR pistol lower will be delivered to my FFL Dealer on Wednesday. I loaded some sub sonic loads to test if functions OK. No reason it won't as these same loads functioned in a 300 BO rifle and suppressor pistol in the past. Also got some 125 gr loads left over from the R&D loading to test.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I picked up my AR pistol lower today. The damn thing has a over size recoil tube on it and the Sig arm brace is a tight fit. I'll have to force it on. Had planned on using the same Sig arm brace on both of my AR pistols but looks like I will be buying another one.
Tomorrow is ammo test day.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I shot my complete 300 BO 10.5" pistol today with my son's multi caliber SilencerCO suppressor for 22-30-9MM. Same suppressor I ordered.
With suppressed loading it was like a 22LR but even less noise. This is going to a fun quite gun to shoot.
Had couple failed to chamber rounds but I was shooting rejected ammo or the magazine . The other magazine gave me no failures. Overall it shot perfect.
Now it's loading time.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Is that suppressor subsonic only in 300BO or supers also?

No it will be a SilcenerCo.com model the handles 22 cal, 30 cal, 9MM.
It does a good job an all 3 calibers.
It'll be interchangeable with correct thread adapters.

Then I'll probably get a 45 caliber suppressor for the 460 S&W TC Encore barrel I just bought.That will be a easy thread job.

I'm only going with suppressors to save what damaged hearing I already have.

Most people think suppressors take away all noise like in the movies. Not true it just lowers the noise to a non-damaging level.

It appears the way the new regs in Congress is written there is a good chance the $200 tax stamp will be refunded back to a certain date. If not it's a small price to save my already damaged hearing.

https://silencerco.com/silencers/pistol/

Last edited:

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
No it will be a SilcenerCo.com model the handles 22 cal, 30 cal, 9MM.
It does a good job an all 3 calibers.
It'll be interchangeable with correct thread adapters.

Then I'll probably get a 45 caliber suppressor for the 460 S&W TC Encore barrel I just bought.That will be a easy thread job.

I'm only going with suppressors to save what damaged hearing I already have.

Most people think suppressors take away all noise like in the movies. Not true it just lowers the noise to a non-damaging level.

It appears the way the new regs in Congress is written there is a good chance the $200 tax stamp will be refunded back to a certain date. If not it's a small price to save my already damaged hearing.

https://silencerco.com/silencers/pistol/
Frank,

Which model? The page you linked to has multiple suppressors, some of which can only handle subsonic 300BO.

I am very familiar with suppressors as I have jumped headfirst into the NFA world. I will be deer hunting with suppressed rifles from here on and I have not hunted squirrels unsuppressed in at least two years.

Are they for everyone, no but they serve good purposes to me on the weapons I use them on.

If you want movie quiet some 30cal suppressors can do that with 300BO, & 22 subsonic, and 45acp is all giggle quiet.

I can hear the impacts of my 22s on squirrels or other targets.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Frank,

Which model? The page you linked to has multiple suppressors, some of which can only handle subsonic 300BO.

I am very familiar with suppressors as I have jumped headfirst into the NFA world. I will be deer hunting with suppressed rifles from here on and I have not hunted squirrels unsuppressed in at least two years.

Are they for everyone, no but they serve good purposes to me on the weapons I use them on.

If you want movie quiet some 30cal suppressors can do that with 300BO, & 22 subsonic, and 45acp is all giggle quiet.

I can hear the impacts of my 22s on squirrels or other targets.

I believe the Omega K. I just told the expert get me the best multi caliber suppressor for 22LR-CF,30 Caliber BO high speed and sub sonic, 9MM.

I loaded up 200 gr plated bullets for the 300 BO today. Same loading I used before. All functioned 100% without the suppressor and held open on last round. The same loaded function 100% with the suppressor.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
You won't want to run much 22lr through it. It is a very dirty round and there is a reason most rimfire suppressor can be disassembled for cleaning.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
You won't want to run much 22lr through it. It is a very dirty round and there is a reason most rimfire suppressor can be disassembled for cleaning.

He told me that also. He can get me a 22LR suppressor for $250 or so. I'll wait on that until the law changes.
What really surprised me was I couldn't put 3 suppressors on the same form and pay 3 $200 taxes. Would have to fill out 3 forums.