Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New hunting toy!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Well I finally broke down and bought a DSLR camera. I bought a Canon T3i this week and plan on spending the next week in Hilton Head getting to know it very well. I bought the camera combo with the extra 55-250mm lens for those further out velvet shots. I really enjoy my HD Canon XHA1 camcorder but this T3i will do everything I need and allow me to get back into my real passion of still shots!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Nice camera! Do yourself a favor and pick up a good polarized filter for the lens. Well worth the money for sun shiny days!

Last edited:

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Will do on the lens filter, thanks for the heads up. I have one on my XHA1 Camcorder but never crossed my mind for this. Im sure I will have some beach pics to post up next week!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
You'll like that combo for sure. Like the others said, pick up a polarized filter for each lens. Not only for the filter benefits, but also to protect the glass itself. Especially when you're carrying it out into the field. You've probably already got a tripod from filming so other than that, just start shooting!

If you're looking for any starter type books I have a few you could borrow. Reading and then trial & error have been the best teachers I've had so far.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Thanks Curran.... I bought a dvd specific to the T3i to help me through the process rather than reading the guide so we will see how that goes first, but thanks for the offer!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Between you, Schu, Curran, and probably a few others I am forgetting, we should have some great reviews for anyone looking to buy a camera in the future. Enjoy it and have fun at the beach!

Schu72

Streetsboro
I'll be looking into the filter recommendation.

I looked at the cannon as well. It and the Nikon D5100 were really close in all of the review comparisons. I'm really pleased with my purchase so far. I've been taking bluebird pics and had it up at the kids ballgame on Thursday evening.