Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New hunting tower

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My son, grandson and nephew came down tonight and put up the 4th wall and roof with the bobcat.
I need to finish screwing the rood attachment screws in. Put the stairs handrail on. Install the windows and couple shelves. Also build a door. Then trim the brush on the neighbors property.
This new tower overlooks my new 3 ac. food plot and the neighbors hay field I got permission to hunt. This hay field is surrounded on all 4 sides by heavy brush and just is a deer haven morning and night.
Pictures to follow. It's been a one month ordeal with me building the 6 panels and getting the boys to install them.
I got less than 500.00 in a 8'x8' 12 ft. tall tower. The metal was free.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I need to build a nice insulated box blind. I'll be waiting for some pics

I haven't insulated it yet and that'll probably be next year. I sorta figure with all closed windows it should stay rather nice and not like my open windowed tower in my woods. A small gas heater I'll be good to go.
It's for the kids anyway. Ya right. The boys tell me it's a summer getaway. Well maybe a winter getaway anyways.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I got the handrail put on the stairs today. Working by myself as the boys are setup at the Dayton gunshow.
Tomorrow I need to put down a second layer of flooring. There's carpeting left over from my grandson's bedroom so installing that also. Then the windows and door. Then I'm done.
Then trim honeysuckle brush on neighbors property for a view.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Moving right along Frank! Way to stay after it. We were set up in Fort Wayne yesterday and today. I told my employee working the show to pack up and head home tonight. Very fickle market over there. I just love losing money. ugh. If I were going to lose money in this business I would just buy the stands and hunt them myself. lol

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Almost all done except install the windows, door, and trim the brush on the neighbors property.

Yes it's perfectly level. The camera guy isn't straight.

Buckmaster

Portage
Here is one of mine.
We call it The Tower.

Tower Food Plot 2013.JPG

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Well done Frank! I have a ground blind atop a 9' platform I built that works well for me. However I have plans to build a permanent blind at our farm so I can take the little one out. Hopefully I can do that in the next couple years.

Enjoy your new lounge area!!!