Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New here and new to hunting

Osborn

Hi all! I'm loving your forums. I've been an outdoors man all my life except hunting. Fishing and camping has been my thing but recently became interested in hunting. None of my friends or family have interest in hunting. So I'm hoping to meet some new friends here.
I am a married male 47 years old stepson is 23 and daughter is 19. I have a grandson that's 16 months My wife likes shooting a little. She will be going to take the cow class with her son. She still needs to find her gun. She's afraid of my 9mm. Usually rent her a .22.
I'm interested in hunting everything. I've been looking into all the different styles of hunting and like it all. I recently bought a Remington 870 with both barrels. My days off usually fall on a weekday. So any pointers for a new guy ill except.
I could go on and on but thanks for reading this much. Look forward to chatting with you guys and gals.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Hello and welcome to TOO! I don't think you could have found a better place on the web to learn about any kind of hunting you want.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad to have you. 870 with both barrels is a solid choice for a versatile weapon to get started in many forms of hunting. Best of luck finding what you enjoy the most. Don't be a stranger.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Welcome and were glad to have you. Plenty to read here about everything you might want to know. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask. We all started somewhere so none of them are silly. Pull up a chair and enjoy.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Glad to have you. 870 with both barrels is a solid choice for a versatile weapon to get started in many forms of hunting. Best of luck finding what you enjoy the most. Don't be a stranger.

Agreed! Osborn, you made a wise choice right out of the gate, cause there's nothing you can't do now with that one weapon.
You can hunt squirrels, rabbits, birds, varmints, and deer with that 870.

Suggest you get out there and pop your cherry on some squirrels, and start practicing with the slug barrel so that you can participate in the quickly upcoming deer gun season.

When I started hunting again 5 years ago, I gave deer hunting a shot for the first time.
Got hooked the first day - nothing like it!

Good luck!