Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New guy central ohio

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I've been lurking around this forum for a couple weeks now but have only posted once since I signed up so I thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself. I've got plenty of time at the moment since I just got settled in a ground blind and I'm not expecting much for the next couple hours.

I'm a gun owner, family guy with 2 kids, NRA instructor, small business owner and a hunter when it's too cold to take the boat fishing. I've lived in centerburg for about 5 years now and am pretty involved with the local conservation club. When I'm not working or helping the wife chase our kids around I like to be outside, usually with a gun or fishing pole but today it's a crossbow.

I've been hunting small game since I was a little kid but just started deer hunting for the last 5 years or so. More of a meat hunter than anything, but reading posts and stories on here has gotten me a little interested in trying to pattern and kill a big buck.

Anyway seems like lots of good knowledgable people on here so I look forward to joining in the fun.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad to see the introduction. Make yourself at home.

In regards to patterning a big buck. . . .good luck. There is a wealth of knowledge on here, but in my opinion the best any of us can do is narrow down the tendencies of a big buck. They are as unpredictable as the weather. lmao

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Thanks for the welcome everyone! At this point in the season I'd like to have one good sized deer for the freezer and that's good enough for me. I got one small doe on opening day of gun season, which is nice but that won't last the whole year. fight.jpg Here's a picture I just pulled off my camera. This gives me a little hope for a big buck this year, but I enjoy just being outside honestly.

Last edited: