Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New forum member

Eric Revo

I'd like to say hello to my fellow hunters and forum members. I'm planning a hunt in Ohio this fall during either bow or ML season with a few old hunting buddies into some of your public areas, or if possible, some private land. I am a seasoned(I refuse to say old :smile:)hunter who has made several of these do-it-yourself trips to multiple states for different game animals and most have been really a great experience. I'm hoping to pick you guys brains on the best chance to take one of those Ohio monsters I keep seeing posted on this site.
Seriously..I'm interested in learning what you guys, as residents recommend as far as places to go, techniques that you have found to work, things to steer clear of and anything else you may have to offer. I'm looking forward to following and participating in the hunting side of the forum.
Thanks much and glad to be a part of a really active and informative forum.

Eric Revo

Thanks for the welcome guys..I'm trying to stay in the southeastern part of the state if at all possible, the wife and I go to the poultry swap meet in Lucasville almost every year so I am fairly familiar with that area of the state. I try and plan a trip every couple of years and the funds dictate that this year I stay close to home. I live in the foothills of NC just below the VA border, so a trip to Ohio isn't a huge expense or undertaking if planned correctly. I would love to find a large chunk of land and split the lease costs with a group of gun hunters, after all we will only hunt for a week, and then it would be all theirs...but that's pretty darn unlikely. Thanks again guys and keep the suggestions coming.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Welcome to TOO! Good luck in your searches. I am sure someone will be able to help you out before next year.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome to TOO Eric! I've never hunted the Wayne National Forest due to the distance but if I lived near it I'd be hunting the heck out of it! Lots of hunting ground holding many huge bucks. Good luck in your quest and feel free to jump in any discussion we have here.