Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New camera thought

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Only a one year warranty, takes expensive cr123 batteries. The idea is cool, but the warranty alone turns me off, especially since they probably want an arm and a leg for it

Milo

Tatonka guide.
No it's not a bad price and. Browning cameras have been pretty impressive at times

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I think it puts out its own wifi and Bluetooth signs that you can pair your phone with. Then access the card and camera settings

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
So it sounds like this isn't a true wireless camera since it has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Wouldn't you have to be in range of the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to get a signal?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Sounds like a battery drainer to me. Plus you're gonna have to be pretty damn close to the camera, and sit there for a while if you have many pics to download. Unless you've got them right behind the house, I just don't see the benefit.

Diablo54

Outside
60 yards!?!

I'll buy the 125$ spec ops and keep on keepin on. Jmo Milo

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Sounds like a battery drainer to me. Plus you're gonna have to be pretty damn close to the camera, and sit there for a while if you have many pics to download. Unless you've got them right behind the house, I just don't see the benefit.
An expensive battery drainer, those cr123 ain't cheap!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
The Bluetooth range depends on the unit. 30-100 feet depending on the unit. In a lot of places I don't have a cell phone signal so the phone units are useless

Diablo54

Outside
The Bluetooth range depends on the unit. 30-100 feet depending on the unit. In a lot of places I don't have a cell phone signal so the phone units are useless

But if your going to be at a maximum of 33 yards from it why not walk up to it and flip cards? I'm not getting it

Milo

Tatonka guide.
But if your going to be at a maximum of 33 yards from it why not walk up to it and flip cards? I'm not getting it

Because I won't have to cross a deer path or put scent on the camera by the trail. The 80 foot detection range is good too. 120 foot flash

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Our Dist has 17 in stock but none in the Dayton location for local pickup so would have to pay their rather high shipping charge.
I wonder if the rechargeable CR123A batteries would work OK? Some equipment won't work well on rechargeable batteries.
Thinking on it.