Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

never won anything

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
From what I saw from the bridge, I can use the banks. The water is down right now though. Almost expect it to be frozen by the time I can hunt it.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I wouldn't put a whole lotta thought into specific stands right now. Familiarize yourself with the property and spend some time power scouting once its your turn to hunt . Deer will be on a food pattern by then . Hopefully their is snow down so ya can see whats fresh and whats not . I'd get a cornpile goin near the thickest cover in the area and put a camera on it day 1 .

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
It is finally my turn to hunt it! Got in for a 2 1/2 hour scouting mission today. Pretty much just walked the boundry. Not sure what to think, the deer are using the area, but there is extremely limited bedding. Any place there is woods, it's pretty much wide open. There are a few deadfalls, and a handful of small brushy patches but that's pretty much it. The large open area is a big crp field that is about knee deep on the north and shoulder high on the south. I did kick a deer up along the edge of it. There is a heavily used trail along the river the whole length of the property and several side trails that cross it and cut through the crp. Buck sign was everywhere, including a cluster of 5 small trees that was absolutely destroyed with rubs right next to the thickest patch on the grounds. I also found the biggest pile of deer turds I have ever seen. Not kidding, it was fresh and about the size of the sole of my size 12 boot. I guess all I can do is take a climber in and hunt it.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

The pic is a little blur cause I had to zoom in on it. I was on top of a ridge that runs the length of the west side looking down into the bottom there is another small tree behind the big on in the center that is all rubbed up too. This cluster is right on the edge of the south tip of the crp field which is the thickest spot on the property.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good grief, that is a lot of poop! And, it looks to me like that deer is eating a lot of green types stuff. Got any alfalfa/clover, that type of stuff around there?

Man, what a load! Drop one like that first thing in the morning and you're off to start a good day!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
To quote Jeff Goldbloom in Jurassic Park, "Now that's a pile of shit!"

Looks like you have a great place to hunt Dave! Hope it pans out for you!Good luck!!!