Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Never thought I'd get a treestand stolen that I never got a chance to hang.

teej89

NE PA
This is for me to blow off a little steam and maybe get some input. I order a Lonewolf Stand from Deeranddeerhunting.com and it was to be delivered on Monday the last time I checked. Well I was away all weekend and got in this afternoon and was checking my email and I saw that it said my package was delivered. No package outside. I asked the neighbor they said they didn't see anything and that they can normally hear people walking up the steps to our patio. Well I'm kinda fuming at the moment, I wasn't asked if I wanted insurance on the package when I bought it. And I figured a $250 package wouldn't just get dropped off and that it'd require a signature. FedEx delivered it to USPS who then supposedly delivered it to my apt saturday morning. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I guess tomorrow start with USPS then FedEx then Deer and Deer hunting. I have little hopes of finding this thing and man am I ever heated....

The thing is too that my patio where they get delivered isn't visible from the street level. So someone would have had to walk up on the patio to see it... Also I ordered a package a week ago and put 1030 instead of 1130 down as my address and I had to track that to the 1030 address and the person had it for me. Think maybe I should check the 1030 address again?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I wouldn't get too upset just yet. Our Fed Ex guy never delivers out here, the always drop it off at the PO, and then the mail lady delivers. Call them tomorrow and see what they say. Did your email say it was delivered to the house, or just dropped off at the PO? My bet is it will show up tomorrow. Either way, somebody will make it right.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am with Fluteman. Cool down and see what comes of it. Worst case scenario you have to wait for another to be shipped. Not quite deer season yet. I would imagine either Fedex, USPS, or D&DH would make it right with you.

I would not recommend this as anything but a last resort. In my opinion you need to give all parties a chance to make it right first, but. . . .Did you use a credit card? Tell D&DH you plan to dispute the charge with your credit card company since you paid for goods but never received them. I would imagine D&DH would put some heat on Fedex and one of the three above mentioned companies will eat it IF it doesn't show up first. As I said, this would be an absolute last resort for me. I look at it as playing dirty. However, if you paid for goods and they didn't show up then there is some validity to the claim.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I had something similar havppen a few years ago with an order from Cabelas. UPS claimed pacage was delivered, but i did not receive anything. Called Cabelas and they somewhat reluctantly sent another package, which showed up 3 days later. About a week later the original package shows up on my doorstep. Probably just could have kept it but I called cabelas and explained the situation. They called ups and had the package picked up and returned to the shipping depot.

My original package had been delivered to the wrong address and then bounced around in the system a while.

Last edited:

teej89

NE PA
Well when my mailbox wasn't setup yet I had to put my mail on hold. Turns out I forgot to take it off hold so it's at the USPS office HA! man I was so jacked last night that someone stole it, I barely slept all night. Wow I feel pretty stupid now haha

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm glad it worked out for you. You are like the rest of us and are upset when we lose 250.00.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Haha, good deal. Two years ago, the UPS guy dropped a $500 bow off at the neighbors house and I did not know it. I freaked out for several hours until my neighbor brought it down. That kinda stuff happens, just glad it showed up for ya!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What a big relief that was !

No doubt there. Glad it showed for you. Had a computer delivered to a wrong address 10-15yrs ago. It was in the $500-800 range. I had just bought my house and this was one of my first big purchases. The dude decided to just keep it. C'mon now. You know whether or not you ordered a computer. It isn't like you just forget that order and think you should get to keep it. BS. Delivery driver just about had to pay for it and he was reprimanded. I was pissed. Guy who received it had to retrieve it. Apparently he sent it off to college with his daughter. Everytime I drive by his house I think "Thief!!!"

at1010

*Supporting Member*
guys just a heads up.

If this happens companies most likely have contract with FEDEX. They will call fedex and have a claim done. They should be able to get you your package. They will ship you a new one, and take up the losses with Fedex