Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Need a spark.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Go get em Dante. I didn't really want to go out either this morning. But I had the closest encounter with the biggest buck of this season without killing him. At first I was pissed because he didn't take those last three steps, but once I thought about it was a awesome experience. Having the heart rate go from nothing to ninety in a split second and I could literally feel it pounding on the inside of my chest cavity! That'd what its all about. Frustrated that all I got is a small doe so far this season but I am not going to change that from home. You some of your ducks in a row on the home front, now go get in your stand in the morning and enjoy it.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
You guys need to quit being so negative and get out there. It's not always gonna be great, and you aren't always gonna see deer or a ton of action. Maybe you should take a few days off and then get back out there.

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Think about your Florida brethren who can't see deer bigger than a Pomeranian. Get your asses out there and kill something. you live in Ohio for Pete's sake. No excuses. You will not find me feeling sorry for you. Some of us are stuck in the land of poodle deer. C'mon!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well said fluteman! Doesn't sound like Dante is anywhere near throwing in the towel. I like the tenacity and drive he has shown this year. Glad you came to us looking for a pep talk Dante! Sounds like you knocked out a bunch of items from your own "honey do" list. With this stuff not bothering you anymore, it might be just what you need to get out and reward yourself with some seat time. You just never know what each sit might bring. Good luck bud!