Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My turn with Covid

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
So I finally have it. A coworker I was with on Thursday around lunch (who was hacking his lungs up) told me later that day he tested and was positive. So Saturday I started feeling a bit clammy and had a temp around 99.5. Took a test on Sunday and was positive.
So basically day 3 now with symptoms and they have gotten a bit worse. Chest if more congested, some coughing, chills, and now temp is just over 101. Nothing that has stopped me from getting around, but just a bit uncomfortable.
So for those who had it do you have any ‘home remedies’ you found effective? Or experiences overall. Thx

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hope it doesn’t get much worse, Larry. My biggest issue was the sore throat. That sucked! Now just taste is still off almost a year later. Not a huge issue compared to others who have had it much worse.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sore throat was my issue both times. Like strep throat kind of shredded and sore. Fluids. Emergen-C. Cold meds. The usual is all I needed. Hope you feel better soon.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I’ve had it twice so far both times was very mild. Second time I had it I took Paxlovid on 2nd day in and tested negative on the 11th day. Neither time had much of a fever, 99.5 being the highest. Just a tad achy and back pain that’s make you wonder if you had a mild case of shingles.
Hope you get to feeling better Larry and it doesn’t get beyond what you’re already dealing with.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I’ve been taking a vitamin C, D3, Zinc, 81mg aspirin, allergy pill once everyday and occasionally twice a day (on the vitamins) if I feel like my throat might be a tad scratchy or allergies coming on. I’ll even take some Quercetin with the vitamins as well.

Cogz

Cogz
TX
The last time i had it, it was a short stint but the low was the lowest of the three times. Had an old albuterol inhaler laying around and it was a lifesaver. Pedialyte, hot salt bath to keep the sweat going, and thc if that’s your thing was also super helpful. I took a massive dose of thc and that sleep got me through the worst of it. I normally dont partake. Best of luck, prayers.

Bighoun52

In the woods
Had it for the first time two weeks ago. Tested while I had a fever, chills, and horrible head ache and it said negative. Started feeling better and then lost taste and smell, so I tested again. Negative. Still didn’t have taste or smell 4 days later, tested, and came back positive. Still don’t have much smell. Wife lite a candle tonight that usually makes the whole house smell good and I couldn’t even tell it was lit

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
How you doing, Larry?
I’m pretty much back to normal. Monday was probably the worst day, and that wasn’t even too bad. Last night I was actually able to sleep all night without a bunch of coughing fits. So hopefully I did enough ‘social distancing’ around the house the past few days such that the family won’t get it.