Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My stupid pet peeves.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Spent a lot of time out there at Hill AFB over the years, great scenery and hiking... Bit that 3.2 beer you can keep lol....
Agreed. You can only get drunk on shiner bock so many times. Mormon girls like it in the butt and the skiing was fantastic though.

JC HUNTER

Spent a lot of time out there at Hill AFB over the years, great scenery and hiking... Bit that 3.2 beer you can keep lol....

Funny thing is...Utah just lowered their blood alcohol limit to .05 for a DUI. Then the beer companies decided their going to quit making the 3.2 beer since Utah is basically the only state that has it. I don't drink so it doesn't effect me....but it's still bull shit for those that do. Hill AFB is about 2 hours north of me.

Last edited:

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Minnesota had 3.2 beer a few years ago not sure if they still do. If you bought beer at a regular store it was 3.2 you could only get full strength at the state stores.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Funny thing is...Utah just lowered their blood alcohol limit to .05 for a DUI. Then the beer companies decided their going to quit making the 3.2 beer since Utah is basically the only state that has it. I don't drink so it doesn't effect me....but it's still bull shit for those that do. Hill AFB is about 2 hours north of me.
They had a whole bunch of goofy laws. I remember we went out to a place across from the Marriott, i wasn't hungry so i just ordered a beer. The lady brought my beer and two slices of toast. Huh. Apparently you can't just drink in a restaurant you have to have food.

I also remember you couldn't buy cold beer at a gas station, only room temp. And they stopped selling gas station beer at 5 or 6 every day or something like that.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
They had a whole bunch of goofy laws. I remember we went out to a place across from the Marriott, i wasn't hungry so i just ordered a beer. The lady brought my beer and two slices of toast. Huh. Apparently you can't just drink in a restaurant you have to have food.

I also remember you couldn't buy cold beer at a gas station, only room temp. And they stopped selling gas station beer at 5 or 6 every day or something like that.

You couldn't order a beer in a restaurant/bar unless the current one was empty.....

Micro Brewery's had standard alcohol beer though....

Utah made me switch too liquor, fuggin state lmao....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You couldn't order a beer in a restaurant/bar unless the current one was empty.....

Micro Brewery's had standard alcohol beer though....

Utah made me switch too liquor, fuggin state lmao....
Yeah that's right. If you order a shot and a beer they'll ask which one you want first. Lol.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I'm not old enough to remember this but I guess Ohio used to have lower alcohol beer for 18-20 year olds? Back in the 60's?

Yup. I remember 3.2 beer. Had red writing on the can or bottles indicating "3.2 alcohol content"
Another trip down memory lane. Lol

I had a good example of idiots that drive me nuts. I have a 7 foot cedar fence between my house and the neighbors on both sides and behind me. Yesterday I'm sitting on my back porch and the neighbor behind, a guy I've never met, because I'm not the neighborly type, is trimming a tree in his backyard. He started trimming and next thing I see is him throwing limbs over the fence in to my backyard. I started to get out of my chair and Norma says "I'll handle this". She has seen me fly off the handle to many times. She approached the fence and stated, "I'm not a bitch, but if you throw one more limb over here that will change real fast". She then picked up the limbs and heaved them back across the fence. He evidently got the message and stopped trimming.

Some people just have no idea how to act. What moron would do such a thing to begin with.