Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My 10/29/15 Buck

steveOh

Dayton Area
No, really. I can't recall the specifics, but Steve has a place holder in the state records that was in NAW I believe. He can clarify, but I'm thinking 180s or better.

lol...and that measuring stick has cost me many a year eating a buck tag:smiley_blackeye: I keep 'letting them go so that they can grow', but never see them again.:smiley_depressive: I think I need a shorter stick.:smiley_bril:

20 years ago I was lucky enough to down a 12 Point Typical that the BBBC scored at 197 3/8 Gross, 188 2/8 Net.
ATDeer.jpgBUCKMASTERSPHOTO.JPG

dangerousoldman

Congrats on a very nice buck Steve. I too hunt in Northern Warren county on a smaller parcel of about 25 acres of woods surrounded by a horse farm and cut bean fields. You did a great write up and made the right decision I think on taking the deer. Now everytime you see your deerhead you will remember the whole day and everything that happened. Your success in harvesting a nice buck is icing on a great day of hunting. If he had scored 20 more inches your memories probably wouldnt be any better than they are now. Thats what its all about anyway. Glad you seeing some rut activity here in Warren County. I havent seen much yet but expect to start seeing more and more. Congrats again and dont have any regrets.