Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muzzleloader Deer Harvest Numbers

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad I didn't see many hunters out. We didn't tag any. Hunted but not a shot offered. I'm thinking 95% of the hunters in my area are done. I have been seeing groups of deer I previously was not. Likely due to the cold weather and herding. NOT saying 20-30-40, but 6-8 and a couple times 10-12. That is a bit of a relief for me. I hadn't seen that much this year. My son is wanting buck only so if we get back out we won't hurt our local herd.

My point being: whether accurate or not, these are the numbers posted. Doesn't matter. I can only help or hurt my local herd.

Deerhuntingguy

Good afternoon,don't know where everyone is hunting,but I was out Monday 5hrs,heard one shot
Tuesday it was wind gusts to 40mph, on-off freezing rain....
Ohio muzzy season should be 10 days long, like it used to be...
Northeast Ohio,weather has been horrible, the deer do not move under such conditions.

Stay safe

Lundy

Gotta help me out here a little. I have been hunting every season for the last 47 years and I don't remember any 10 day long MZ ( primitive weapons) season. When was it 10 days long?

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Pa has a muzzleloader season approximately 2 weeks long, flintlock only. The original Ohio muzzleloader season was 3 days, Thursday, Friday and Saturday of the first full week of January.