Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muck artic pro

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I think some people's feet get cold and there's not a whole lot too do about other than get down and move around some too get the circulation going......
This is me. I've tried every tactic, sock, and nearly every boot. My feet just get cold. Size 13 at the end of long legs can't help.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I think my problem may be too many socks which doesn't allow air to circulate. I'm going to try thins socks tommorow evening.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
My toes did get cold by the end of the night. I sat for 5 hours in 25 degree temps. I'm happy with them. I paid 165 for them. Supported a local boot store.

Yep. They're good boots that are worth the money. Mine are going on 3 seasons now.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Yep. They're good boots that are worth the money. Mine are going on 3 seasons now.

Thanks bud. I didn't think that was a ton for them. My feet always get cold but for under 200 I think these are great.

Huckleberry Finn

Quality socks have gone a long ways for me. Merino or Alpacha. 2 pairs. Got a set of Cabelas merino wader socks that go up all the way to below the knee. Perfect size and keep all the layers tucked and in place. Buying xl socks that have some breathing room makes a world of difference.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=80065860&rid=20

I have a pair of Rockys with 1600 gr thinsulate. Hard to get cold in them.

As for Muck boots, just got a pair of Chore STs for work. They are comfy as hell.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I have a pair of socks that came with a pair of propylene liners that you put on first to keep the moisture away from your feet and they work great.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
OK. I looked them up and read a little. But the guy selling can tell you anything. What's up with these Mickey Boots? They THAT Good?

I agree with you Steve. Comfort in Muck boots has come a long way since the old style farm boots.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mickeys boots are by far the best I've had to keep my feet warm. One thing you all may want to invest in is a boot dryer. Dry your boots between each hunt, makes a huge difference. Btw, that's why Mickey boots work so well. Their insulation is sandwiched between rubber, it doesn't get wet.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Brock, are they exceptionally good clear down to like the -10 area?
From what I seen, they are not all that expensive.
I do dry boots inside on a regular basis.