Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Moultrie A-5 Trail Cam?

Gordo

Athens County
Thinking of pulling the trigger on one. $54 range from ole dunhams. Just makeing sure no one has anything horrible to say about them? Price seems right

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I've had 4 of them. They are a great camera for the money. I've ran those things all year long, still have one out that's going on 3 seasons.

Gordo

Athens County
Think I'm going to go pick a couple up and get them out pronto. Haven't ran a TC in years. Should add a little spice to my late season

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Think I'm going to go pick a couple up and get them out pronto. Haven't ran a TC in years. Should add a little spice to my late season
They are tanks. You miss out on features that some higher end cams have but it takes pics, and that's what counts.

Gordo

Athens County
While, let the games begin...... Excited! Been years.

My Hunt Log has been weak in terms of content. I'll get her going for the rest of the season. [emoji1598]

Gordo

Athens County
Here's a quick question.

Both cams made a slight click when takeing a photo while I was setting them up. They haven't done it once outside in natural light.

Is that click from when the 'shutter' is changeing from dark to daylight modes? My wording isn't right but hope that makes sense

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Here's a quick question.

Both cams made a slight click when takeing a photo while I was setting them up. They haven't done it once outside in natural light.

Is that click from when the 'shutter' is changeing from dark to daylight modes? My wording isn't right but hope that makes sense
Probably is. I've heard it before on mine.

Gordo

Athens County
I had a primos cam that did that with every photo. Could have been screwed outta the box. Would get a lot of blurry ass ends running away.

Gordo

Athens County
Just checked one for the first time. So far so good. Out of 600 some photos, there was maybe 10 duds.

Spread out a 40 pound bag of corn over a big area on my back 8 acres. No shooters.

Still amazes me how quick those 'corn heads' locate and annihilate all of it. I set the cam/spread the corn around 1pm. Within one hour it was found by a pair of small bucks. By 8pm that same day, there was at least 5 does and 4 different bucks pictured.

Rinse and repeat