Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Morning sits

00buck

Has the activity picked up in the morning for anyone off tomorrow and can only hunt in the am and don't want to push the stand that I hunt in the Rut if it hasn't picked up

nis1

Most of the people that I would consider big buck slayers start hitting mornings around the 23rd or 25th. I wouldn't hesitate going into your stand if the conditions are perfect and you don't have to go stomping through all kinds of bedding to access the area. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow would be great days for example. Clear skies, cool temps, and high barometric pressure are things I look for. I have to work tomorrow but otherwise it will be the best morning to be in the woods so far this year in my book. Pressure will be crazy high and will start dropping late in the morning.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'll be out tomorrow morning, first morning sit of the year and first time in these woods since the first week of September.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yesterday was my first morning hunt of the year. I went today also. Both days it was well worth getting up early. I'll be there first thing in the morning too.

00buck

Lame, how can u not have buck fever this time of year?
Might be lame but haven't seen a buck yet only the same doe and fawns maybe I am kinda new to this and don't have the best place to hunt but I enjoy it so will be out when possible

00buck

Just fuggin with ya, man.
I know gotta give it a shot maybe look for some new ground or something not alot of deer were I hunt for some reason maybe next year will be better between me and the landowner we have killed 1 male and 3 female coyotes this year

BCamp

Dayton
I know gotta give it a shot maybe look for some new ground or something not alot of deer were I hunt for some reason maybe next year will be better between me and the landowner we have killed 1 male and 3 female coyotes this year

I had the same problem with being new to hunting and not having good land to hunt. Don't know where you're from but in the Dayton area Five Rivers Metroparks does a bowhunting program. This is my first year and I've only been allowed access to my area since Sunday morning and am seeing deer but no bucks yet. I believe other areas have park services with similar programs if you're not near Dayton. Seems like a good option.

jlane

dunn nc
Most of the people that I would consider big buck slayers start hitting mornings around the 23rd or 25th. I wouldn't hesitate going into your stand if the conditions are perfect and you don't have to go stomping through all kinds of bedding to access the area. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow would be great days for example. Clear skies, cool temps, and high barometric pressure are things I look for. I have to work tomorrow but otherwise it will be the best morning to be in the woods so far this year in my book. Pressure will be crazy high and will start dropping late in the morning.
NIS1, where do you find what the pressure will be for the days ahead,
I can find history but not future forecast.
Looking at my trail cam pics and comparing pressure it seems the higher the better, anything 30.20 and up is heavy action days.
Thanks in advance.

nis1

NIS1, where do you find what the pressure will be for the days ahead,
I can find history but not future forecast.
Looking at my trail cam pics and comparing pressure it seems the higher the better, anything 30.20 and up is heavy action days.
Thanks in advance.

I use www.wunderground.com. I always look at the graph version so I can see when the pressure spikes and drops are. It's a great site.