Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Moon guide

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If you read the lastest NAW, Adam Hayes says it is one big key to his success. One look at that dude's wall tells you that listening to anything that works for him is a good idea!

That said, there are several free apps that basically give you the same info as the Moon Guide. I use the Mossy Oak Hunting Weather app and it has an Solunar option. If you know the overhead/underfoot times, you can correlate those to the peak activity times (first/last two hours of daylight) and look for the days that you should be hunting. I don't think the Moon Guide itself is a gimmick, but you can get the same info for free.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
I have used the Moon Guide for the past 6 years. Apparently Adam Hayes bought the company last year. I think it was still Jeff Murrarys (the inventor of the moon guide) family that was running it until Hayes bought it. Anyways, the price was jacked up after Hayes bought it and I may or may not buy one this year. One way or the other the information is out there, the moon guide just makes it very convienient to find. Hunting by the moon is no joke and it is amazing amazing how predictable deer are at times when playing the moon. I am glad more people in my area do not do it or I would have a lot less deer to hunt.

Buy the book Moon Stuck! by Jeff Murrary and study it. I am working on reading it for my third time.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Do not download the new version of the mossy oak app. It's now called scoutlook hunting and it sucks ass! Wish I never would of done it.