Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mizzou Snow 2018

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
19. We shot well, just didn't have birds working like we needed. Long grind, but back at it tomorrow.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Upon further discussion, we killed 19 of the 26 birds we had to shoot at today and a couple of the ones we missed were spray and prays. The guide said he had a group on Saturday from Ohio that were terrible shots. Said they killed 27, but should have had 75+ and that had our group been in their place, it was a 100 bird kind of day. Good endorsement for our group!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Less birds flying and a shit ton of new hunters in town. Heard more shooting already than we did all day yesterday. We knocked a single down earlier, then went 4 for 4 just a minute ago. The birds we missed yesterday were the straight up shots. All 5 were straight overhead today. The guide tipped us off on the proper lead, so now we got it covered.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Very nice. Are you getting any of those mounted?
Not me. I killed a 16 year old banded blue phase snow on my trip in 2011 and mounted it, so I'm done. The others don't appear to be interested in ponying up $200+ for a mount.

The guide was telling us his buddy in Arkansas killed several snows yesterday that has rust colored heads from feeding in the brackish coastal waters in Louisiana. None of the birds we killed yesterday showed signs of that. Today, we killed 7 with rust colored heads. Tons of birds pushing through and these were likely newbies to this area.

Wmiller07

Not me. I killed a 16 year old banded blue phase snow on my trip in 2011 and mounted it, so I'm done. The others don't appear to be interested in ponying up $200+ for a mount.

The guide was telling us his buddy in Arkansas killed several snows yesterday that has rust colored heads from feeding in the brackish coastal waters in Louisiana. None of the birds we killed yesterday showed signs of that. Today, we killed 7 with rust colored heads. Tons of birds pushing through and these were likely newbies to this area.

Gotcha. I was watching some snow goose hunts on YouTube and they had that rust color. Interesting how nature works. Looks like you had a great time and congrats on the successful hunt. Have a safe trip home.