Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Memorial Day 2018

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
FB_IMG_1527346122182.jpg

How do you comment on something that leaves you speechless.....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It's a great pic. I'm thankful for our country's servicemen and women every day. But let's not forget, Memorial Day is not Veteran's Day. Memorial Day is a day for rememberance of those that made the ultimate sacrifice, not those that are alive and currently serving. I mean no disrespect with this post. But a lot of people get the two holidays confused and they are not one in the same, IMO.

Qback5

Yep, why I was thinking, and only because some active duty troops told me so. So, when I meet a veteran on this weekend (often do camping), I say thanks and that I’m sure they knew a lot of people who we remember this weekend.

Still say thanks, but also acknowledge what it is...we remember those who left it all out there so we could BBQ and what not...

It's a great pic. I'm thankful for our country's servicemen and women every day. But let's not forget, Memorial Day is not Veteran's Day. Memorial Day is a day for rememberance of those that made the ultimate sacrifice, not those that are alive and currently serving. I mean no disrespect with this post. But a lot of people get the two holidays confused and they are not one in the same, IMO.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Thanks Jim. They are not the same at all.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks Jim. They are not the same at all.

Sure thing. Only reason I bring it up is because I was enlightened on the subject by a Marine buddy from high school and it stuck with me.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
To my brothers that are struggling with thought today. Try not to get too burried in your thoughts, remember them but also try to enjoy those around you. You are not alone in your struggles, honor their memory but also remember that if they were here today and saw you, they would probably backhand you in the junk, call you a pussy and laugh. Remember the funny stuff about them too.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
To my brothers that are struggling with thought today. Try not to get too burried in your thoughts, remember them but also try to enjoy those around you. You are not alone in your struggles, honor their memory but also remember that if they were here today and saw you, they would probably backhand you in the junk, call you a pussy and laugh. Remember the funny stuff about them too.

Well put Joe, I wouldn’t think one soul would want us back here morning them but celebrating their time on this planet and remembering all the great and fuggers up times that were had together....