Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Me knoweth something!!!!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Does it have two legs on one side longer then the other???

HaHa! You nailed it! What a great evening in the WV deer woods. A beautiful calm and cool October evening hunting with a buddy in Wood County. He sent me to the back side of a point...knowing I was going to possibly get a good opportunity. When we get together it is usually him that pulls the trigger. This evening though things worked in my favor. I saw a couple young bucks early and after they left I saw this 8 point slip in behind me. He fed for about half an hour at 30 yards with no shot. Then the 2 young bucks came back in and he sparred with the bigger of the two. With darkness closing in I was afraid my chances were going to drift away. But as I was watching these 3 bucks I heard a deer behind me. I turned slowly to see a doe looking at me. She started walking back and forth trying to get the jump on me. This caught the attention of the bucks and luckily for me they felt the urge to go check her out. First the 3 point walked under me. Then the 5 point. Finally the 8 point. With that many deer under me I decided to just go for it and drew my bow. None had a clue. I waited for him to pass an oak and took a 12 yard quartering away shot. The shot felt good but it was dark enough that I could not see my arrow. As he ran off I could tell he was very low to the ground and struggling. Within 10 seconds I heard him crashing over the hill. I climbed down and walked to the edge and shined my light....there he was piled up. I'm very pleased with the Muzzy Trocar broadhead...it was devastating.

He is a very cool looking mature buck. Not going to score well but a good character buck for WV.
IMG_1609.jpg
IMG_1600.jpg
IMG_1606.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats Mike! Must feel good to shoot one the same week as your daughter!

I find it crazy Ric text me about both bucks in your family. Ric is a true dead buck hound dog! If there is a dead buck, good chance Ric will know about it. lol

Spencie

Constitution Ohio

I find it crazy Ric text me about both bucks in your family. Ric is a true dead buck hound dog! If there is a dead buck, good chance Ric will know about it. lol

It's been a good week for sure and we may not be done!

I will have to text Flutie first next time. He must be carrying his feelings around with him again.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Don't worry about Flutie. He is a good dude and all, but a little off. He roots for the team up north for crying out loud. He can't be "all" there.

Blan37

SW Ohio

And if you ever lose the blood trail don't bother with tracking dogs. Just call Giles.

He'll go all sixth sense deer whispered on you, make a beeline straight to it and start wretching to alert you when he finds it. Truly a thing to behold.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
And if you ever lose the blood trail don't bother with tracking dogs. Just call Giles.

He'll go all sixth sense deer whispered on you, make a beeline straight to it and start wretching to alert you when he finds it. Truly a thing to behold.
Just because you told him the deer had a case of Bud Light on his back. That is the only reason he found the deer so fast. Lol