Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mason's new ride

Big Weff

Athens
Congrats on the new bow! I've shot the switchback for several years now and until something gives out I will continue to shoot it. Hope he kills many a fine deer with it!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good stuff guys! Mathews puts out some nice bows and I heard some good reviews on the Halon line. Good luck with it fellers!

I think the halon 32 is one of the better looking bows mathews has made. I cant stand that baked waffle iron look they carried for years. Actually the halon is probably the best bow mathews has made since the switchback and s2. I still dont like those rings they put in the cable yokes.
That halon should serve mason well for many years. That is awesome.

PS are those arrows easton epic's. Those were a really good mid price shaft.You most have had a stash of those before changed the lable almost 5 years ago

Last edited:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
i opened this thread expecting to see a nice picture of a brand new Kawasaki or Honda or Polaris......:smiley_depressive:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I think the halon 32 is one of the better looking bows mathews has made. I cant stand that baked waffle iron look they carried for years. Actually the halon is probably the best bow mathews has made since the switchback and s2. I still dont like those rings they put in the cable yokes.
That halon should serve mason well for many years. That is awesome.

PS are those arrows easton epic's. Those were a really good mid price shaft.You most have had a stash of those before changed the lable almost 5 years ago

Excels, and yep I have a stash.

Dan, he's been after a new four wheeler for a while. I almost bought him one a few months back, but I'm not gonna do it. I don't ride much, he has pretty well taken ownership of the one we have. I once told him I was 38 before I ever bought a four wheeler. He wisely responded, "That doesn't mean I have to be." :) He doesn't need another four wheeler yet...

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
FWIW, he shoots this thing really well. However, I don't think he shoots it any better than he did the Switchback. Having said that, he's young and still dumb enough to think the bow makes the injun. It's all good, he's happy with it.