Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mao's Pics 2013

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Well I decided to check a cam that has been out for a couple weeks that I have super easy access to. I planned on waiting a lot longer, but better deer hunters than myself seem to be on roughly a two week schedule so I thought I would join the club. This is my first pull of the year on one of my five cams out. What does he score Ric?

2013 deer 003.jpg2013 deer 005.jpg2013 deer 006.jpg

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Nice buck, Marcus! I'll bite on the score. Lol. It's my opinion that he will gross 150 and net high 140's. kinda hard to tell. When I blow him up on my phone, he gets blurry. Lol. Shooter for sure! Hope you bag his ass!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice buck, Marcus! I'll bite on the score. Lol. It's my opinion that he will gross 150 and net high 140's. kinda hard to tell. When I blow him up on my phone, he gets blurry. Lol. Shooter for sure! Hope you bag his ass!

Hahaha, I figured the same dang thing on my first estimate. Scoring him as a 5x5 I gave him:

9-g1's
17- g2's
17-g3's
10-g4's
32-mass
48-beams
17-inside spread

He's dang symmetrical other than the g5 on his left side so figure deducting that and his side to side he'll still net solid 140's (mid) IMO.

I'd be dang happy with him no matter what he scores! Nice buck Marcus, good luck with him!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I might be a few inches high though cuz his mass and beam length might fall alittle short of my figures but he's 140+ in my book!

He's prolly mid to high 140's gross and low to mid 140's net though.

Last edited:

Mao

Coshocton, OH
During the rain yesterday, I moved my easy access cam to a different spot closer to where I can put a climber. I dumped 6 buckets of apples and pulled the card. I had several pics of this young buck that has potential Booner written all over him. It is unfortunate he is on this property because it is not very big and the surrounding properties get hunted hard. The backside of this property is Amish and they shoot everything. It's a shame, but I don't think he will be given a chance to grow. I also looked back and found another nice pic of the 11.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Mao

Coshocton, OH

Thanks Ron! I should of started the thread by saying Ric or Ron. Lol. My first thought was in the 140's but I wanted to hear from the experts!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Very nice Marcus! He would be a hard one to pass but I would love to see him next year with a little more mass. That being said if he walked in front of me I would still loose a arrow.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Nice deer! The young one is gonna be great in a couple years, if he stays away from the Amish. And the eleven is a very nice deer.