Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Making lemonade.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sigmund! LMAO! I wonder what the Kroft brothers were smoking when they came up with this and HR Puffinstuff.
SigmundAndTheSeaMonsters_S1_e.jpg

By the way Brock, I think it's a helluva idea.
I'm with Jesse. I had to find your feet before I realized it was you laying there.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I think the thing will work. I've been looking at the edges of standing corn thinking about how I could get in there and shoot without giving away my hiding spot, I think this will do it. Combined with using a crossbow, it's kinda exciting to think about it. I have one place I'm especially excited about as there is a mowed path between two fields that has always been a good spot to see deer, just didn't have a good way of getting in there. I think I do now. I'm working on dressing up the xbow now. That might prove trickier than it would at first seem.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Make the lemonade bud. Nothing wrong with it. You are out to enjoy the hunt. I don't care if you shoot them with a harpoon, spear, crossbow, muzzle loader or anything else. Sounds like the ghilly suit is going to be the cat's meow.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I finished it up this morning, put it on and scared our beagles half to death.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Looks good Brock. I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. I have often thought about using a crossbow just for the simple fact that I could hunt some spots that I could not get a vertical bow into without getting busted on the draw. I have a feeling once you drop a deer doing this way you will never want to hunt the old way anymore. Would be a huge thrill to drop one while laying on the ground.

Gout does suck. Have had a few bouts with it in the last couple years. Had it hurt and swell bad enough in my big toe I couldn't put my work boots on for a week. Took me 3 days to get it to slide into my shoe. Good thing I was off work for vacation when it happened. (great way to spend a week of vacation not being able to bend your foot and the covers on the bed hurt like hell TOO)

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hey Brock, I was Just browsing through some stuff, was wondering if the allopurinol was helping your Gout at all. I can still say it's working well for me

Yes, it is! After more blood work, my script was altered a bit, and it seems to be helping a great deal! I haven't had any issues with my ankles or knees that have kept me from doing whatever I wanted since I've been on it. I wish I had started taking the medicine years ago...sure would have saved me a LOT of misery. My elbows are getting back to normal, finally, as well. I was able to shoot my bows for a half hour or so yesterday, and that is a great improvement. Still weak, but getting back in order I think.
Fishing should be a lot more enjoyable this summer...

Thanks for asking!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Yes, it is! After more blood work, my script was altered a bit, and it seems to be helping a great deal! I haven't had any issues with my ankles or knees that have kept me from doing whatever I wanted since I've been on it. I wish I had started taking the medicine years ago...sure would have saved me a LOT of misery. My elbows are getting back to normal, finally, as well. I was able to shoot my bows for a half hour or so yesterday, and that is a great improvement. Still weak, but getting back in order I think.
Fishing should be a lot more enjoyable this summer...

Thanks for asking!

Hell yea! The reason I thought of you was one of our farmer's just came in with a giant batch of cookies for us. His wife made them up this weekend. They were a thank you for me telling him about allopurinol. He said he wished he would have known 30 years ago

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never know what you are going to learn on TOO. One of my employees was having an issue this weekend. Went to the doctor and they said it was gout. Searched TOO, and voila, Allopurinol. Hope your gout is not bothering you anymore Brock and Ryan.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Mine has been great since Dec 2010, IIRC. Only 1 flare up and that was me failing to refill my meds for 5 days or so and eating a crapload of asparagus and peanuts, and other stuff that causes it

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Currently my left knee is swelled and useless. Hurts too. Meds aren't working as hoped. No idea what caused this flare up, drinking water like a fish trying to flush it out. Sure gets old, too much to get done to be gimpy all the freakin time!