Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lot's of questions

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Don't buy a Millennium until after the first of the year. I talked with them last week, and they have two new models coming out in 2011, and one of them will have some type of leveling system on them! I can't wait!!!

With 5 sticks and the Millennium, it weighs in at 29lbs, but if you keep it all packed flat, it doesn't feel like you are carrying 30lbs.

Diablo54

Outside
So I would have 29lbs on my back and a camera/camera arm. Do u guys use cinch straps or ratchet straps on your lw sticks?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
We use a LW stick strap. We added four versa buttons to our stand so that we could pack our sticks in using the LW strap, then use it to keep the platform tight to the tree once the stand is hung.

Pics here:
http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd162/gf319804/Hunting%20Junk/

Diablo54

Outside
I watched your video and was wondering how you would lug that stand up all the time and set it. Then I saw the ez hang feature.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Yeah, the stand isn't difficult to hang, that is unless you are a scrawny fella with spindly arms. Maybe then it would be hard to hang... lol

Kaiser878

ohio
Yeah, the stand isn't difficult to hang, that is unless you are a scrawny fella with spindly arms. Maybe then it would be hard to hang... lol

HEY NOW!!!!! I RESEMBLE THAT!!!! haha

I am a bit of a simple minded person. I have to keep things simple. I take as little with me as possible! I have a pack that I wear when I use my climber. It is a back pack, but the pouch is at the bottom, it actually rests on the small of my back and the stand doesnt interfere. WHen I am getting in one of my hang on stands, I take my bow, my tru ball ST360 maybe a grunt call. YEt I rarely ever use that!

Diablo54

Outside
Problem is that I normally won't have all that much time after school to set up the lw sticks and stand before hunting especially after Daylight savings time. There are a few spots where I would like to hunt but can't because of limbs or TOO big of trees. :smiley_chinrub:

Last edited:
Diablo, I did read through the whole thread but I can tell you I added nice straps and a waist belt to my lone wolf climber. having a few old packs laying around so it was easy. It is very comfortable to carry for very long distances down in the hills. I also have the longer straps on my climber for bigger trees.

I have a pack that I attach to climber it is made by cat quiver so it carries my arrows also. the pack is big enough to carry everything I need including clothes. The cat quiver really protects your feathers.

Greg

Diablo54 said:
I thought about changing my setup next year so that I have the LW sticks and stand like some of you guys do on here. How much weight is there in that setup and how long does it take.
Diablo54,
My LW Alpha weighs 14 lbs. and I have 3 LW Climbing Sticks which are 7.5 lbs per set of 3. 21.5 lbs. total weight, which is lighter than the old climbing stand (all steel) that I used to have that weighed 28 lbs.

LW Climbing Sticks in a set of 4 weighs 10 lbs. (2.5 lbs. per stick)

It takes me about another 6 or 8 minutes to set this stand w/ sticks, than it does a climber. I've always argued with myself about getting a climber to cut down the set up and take down time (I never leave a stand), but it's never caused me a problem. It just takes as long as it takes...it's all good. :)

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Last edited:

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Problem is that I normally won't have all that much time after school to set up the lw sticks and stand before hunting especially after Daylight savings time. There are a few spots where I would like to hunt but can't because of limbs or TOO big of trees. :smiley_chinrub:

That's when the approach I am taking next year would come in handy. I am aiming to have close to 15 spots set-up with 20' of sticks and a bracket that will be hung above the sticks using one LW stick. This way I can pack in the stand and one stick which makes things much easier. I'll plan on using the full set-up only when I am making adjustments or hunting new areas. I might sell all my current hang-ons and ladder stands to purchase more sticks, brackets, and another Millennium or two. Still need to have spots ready for my clients, so a couple more stands would be handy...

Milo

Tatonka guide.
greg , have you thought about making pack that attach to the stand lengthwise? they could go on either side of the sticks.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Yes i have, but that is kind of what gameplan gear has now. I use to attach an old fanny pack to my treestand when I would pack in, but then I would have to take the treestand off if I needed to get in my pack.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
the only problem i see with the one on the chest is hoofing it up and down hillz.. i usually open up teh steam vents when i walk in and my chest is the one open spot that vents my bibs

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Yeah, I was a bit concerned with that also. I always get hot when I wear a pack on my back. Maybe I can develop some space age material that cools when you walk. rotflmao

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Yeah, I was a bit concerned with that also. I always get hot when I wear a pack on my back. Maybe I can develop some space age material that cools when you walk. rotflmao

well ribeyes are NOT where to start:smiley_blackeye: this is from teh fat boy section...you skinny runts mileage may vary....