Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Let's see your sets!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
This is a set that I had last year and will be putting a stand back there again as soon as it cools off.

This is a pic looking SW and that cornfield is a bean field this year.

[/IMG]

Same stand looking NW and just to the right is another field edge and that is corn this year.

I will get more pics out of my other stands after I get this stand hung back up.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Nice thread. All of these pictures make me want to go hunting NOW.

Been, man those vines growing UP your tree make me itch! They look like poison ivy or virginia creeper to me too, but I can't tell which from the photo. I can see the grape vines to the right with their larger leaves. At least you are not allergic if it is ivy.

Below is a picture from a stand overlooking a smalll kill plot. That doe was so small I couldn't shoot her. I wish I had a view of the oaks in the other direction. When the acorns are fallin' you have the best of both worlds.

Attachments

• 10-16salt140.jpg
    10-16salt140.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 139

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Here are some pictures of a new set that I just got up last week on a property that I picked up over the summer. This setup is on an inside corner of a corn field that is also a ridge dropping down into a bowl.

This one is from the inside corner of the field.
IMG_0253.JPG

This one is looking up toward the stand from the bowl.
IMG_0254.JPG

This one is looking east.
IMG_0255.jpg

This one is looking south along the ridge and field edge.
IMG_0256.JPG

This one is looking west.
IMG_0259.JPG

This one is North.
IMG_0258.JPG

This one is looking south west where I took the picture of the setup from down in the bowl.
IMG_0257.JPG

I am looking forward to hunting this area. I am unsure on how it will produce because of how long the corn will be standing but only time will tell.

Last edited:

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Hoytmania, i like the perspective from the multiple views. At least you don't even have to leave the tree if the wind changes directions, just squirrel over to the 2nd stand :smile:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Beener, you are welcome to come join me in a stand an day.

Boone, I almost always hang 2 stands due to the fact that I take my boy and my wife hunting.

Thanks for the confidence boost fellas.