Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

late season meat

My first bow kill for ohio. Came up with my wife, our 2 and a half year old baby girl and brother in law. Hunted the 6th through the 12th alot of 11 hour sits in rough weather. None the less had a blast and got to fill one tag. Shot with my hoyt and rage chisel tip extreme. It did the job as always. Really enjoyed spending one afternoon with my family just driving through morgan and Washington county. Can't wait to hunt bow opener this year. My wife will have bow in hand again this year since she isn't hipping the little one as much.

Attachments

• 20160107_173120.jpg
    20160107_173120.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 20160112_081359-1.jpg
    20160112_081359-1.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 20160112_080257-1.jpg
    20160112_080257-1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 20160112_080226.jpg
    20160112_080226.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats on the meat in the freezer... Also kudos for your sticking it out for that many hours in those temps..... Are you from Ohio?
Beautiful little girl you have right there....

Congrats on the meat in the freezer... Also kudos for your sticking it out for that many hours in those temps..... Are you from Ohio?
Beautiful little girl you have right there....

No from northeast GA just love to be up in that area wether I'm hunting or not. Different breed of folks up that way. My wife says if we ever had to move that's where she would want to be. 4th time I have bought a non resident tag and that's the only deer I have ever taken up there. Let alot of deer walk over those years. Our ga deer season is just flat stupid and gets worse every year. 2 buck and 10 doe limit. 3 months of modern rifle, week of muzzle loader, month and a half of bow season. Thanks to the outdoor channel you got every atlanta suburbs yuppy shooting anything that moves so they can put a mount on the wall and give the meat away if it is convenient enough to get out of the woods. Makes me sick. Thanks for the comment on our girl. She loves to see mommy and daddy's kills. She also request deer as her meat for supper most nights. Got to love it

Nice doe and family. Congrats. I personally think Ohio has a pretty good lineup for hunting seasons.
man what I wouldn't give for ohio regulations in georgia. Especially the check in system. We just print off a harvest record on a piece of copy paper. If you don't feel like writing down your kill who's gonna know. If you fill yours up you just print off another one. It's crazy. I know people who kill 5+ bucks and get away with it. Meanwhile our dnr officer is to busy trying to bust somebody hunting over corn. It's a joke. Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Glad to be a part of TOO. If any of you ever dare to venture down to the dead beat infested dirty south hit me up. Be glad to do everything i can to get somebody on a deer.

Last edited:

Cephas50

Congrats on the doe! I get down to GA for training every couple of years. Last time I was down there was Summer '14. Played golf with a couple of hunters who told it just the way you said. I was over in Augusta and they said you just can't find deer with any size at all because of the dates/limits/check process. I didn't see a single deer the whole time I was down there. Crossed into SC to drive to Columbia to see some family and almost hit 3. Glad you make it up this way.

Congrats on the doe! I get down to GA for training every couple of years. Last time I was down there was Summer '14. Played golf with a couple of hunters who told it just the way you said. I was over in Augusta and they said you just can't find deer with any size at all because of the dates/limits/check process. I didn't see a single deer the whole time I was down there. Crossed into SC to drive to Columbia to see some family and almost hit 3. Glad you make it up this way.

It's a complete joke man. Just like the southern zone of ga you can shoot deer over bait but not the northern. You can hunt feral hogs over bait all year round including during deer and turkey season but if you are cauggt with anything to imply that you are hunting deer or turkey over your "hog" bait gonna cost you about $300 real quick.

Ohioal

Lackster. Ur not in the boat alone. Alabama is the same way. I feel your pain. Have lived in Ohio and now bama. People in Ohio think the wildlife managers are bad up there. Come to the south then let me know what you think. In bama we can get 3 bucks a year and a doe a day from October thru Jan 31st

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm in Washington County, so congrats on enjoying your time here locally. Great pic with your family. My daughter just turned 3 and got to be around 3 kill this year. Hoping she's catching the bug!

Glad you had a great trip!

Lackster. Ur not in the boat alone. Alabama is the same way. I feel your pain. Have lived in Ohio and now bama. People in Ohio think the wildlife managers are bad up there. Come to the south then let me know what you think. In bama we can get 3 bucks a year and a doe a day from October thru Jan 31st

Hello neighbor. Yes alabama is just as bad. I think the only state worse than us is sc with a one buck a day limit and rifle starting in september. I would like to see how many b and c alabama and ga could produce with about three years of ENFORCED 1 buck and 2 doe limit.

Last edited:
I'm in Washington County, so congrats on enjoying your time here locally. Great pic with your family. My daughter just turned 3 and got to be around 3 kill this year. Hoping she's catching the bug!

Glad you had a great trip!

That's great man. Can't wait to be back up yalls way. Glad the little one is interested. I can't hold my grin back everytime abi says daddy i want deer meat. Little girls are something else now.